Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which WS mounts for G3 tower?

Cmb396

Getting ready to buy some icon 8s, which mounts do I need to mount to the factory G3 shelf? Will the standard X mount work?

not interested in the swivel or disconnects. Thanks!

I am guessing that we have the same shelf 3 years apart if yours came with the oblong Alpha cans, if not disregard. I know my Revs would not fit on factory shelf unless they were drilled to accept them. Any good machine shop should be able to do it or I am sure by now WS sells a compatible shelf. Part of the reason I went with the swivels on the tower with the dual Rev mounting plates was to get them out of the way. Of course the wife liked the look of the dual poc MB Quart speakers better than the one pair of Revs. She lost that argument!

Yes, X-mount and you will likely need to drill holes to align with the Wet Sounds pods as the titan pods use their own bolt pattern. 

Or, you can remove the shelf and use the Wet Sounds G3 single or G3 Dual mounting plate adapters. 

Thanks @MLA. I can drill the oem shelves to match the WS pod, that's easy enough.

Btw, never did get a chance to compare the icon vs Rev vs JL 8.8. My local shop won't order them all in for me to listen to, and there's not a shop within a 100 miles that have them to demo.

After your info, and reading ad nauseum about it, I think the icon 8 will be fine for me as a surf set up. I do like the JLs, but they're about 250 more a pair, and I'm not overly wild about their pod, they're ugly imo.

There's not a comparison between the icon and Rev's.  Apples to oranges.  I personally don't think the icon's sound that great, it's worth the little extra money to go to the Rev's.