Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 21 VLX vs 210 SAN

HPetit

On 3/8/2017 at 4:59 PM, HPetit said:

http://malibuportal.malibuboats.com/Marketing/Boats/index.aspx?lid=725c87c4-af02-e711-8dd2-005056884483&bid=23170&ldid=37583

I think I am going with the Malibu 21VLX does anyone have any thoughts on my build, I have to get the CEO onboard with the colors

Love the clean look, my 2 cents for what's it worth and also my dealer said the same thing. Stay away from the bright white interior. Hard to clean and does not wear well. Our Nautique 206 is white and my buddy's Moomba is white and they show dirt and stains. We even wipe down after every use and no shoes or dirty feet are allowed. I went with the slight brown tint with brown soft grip flooring.

Edited by Koeh0083
1 hour ago, Koeh0083 said:

Love the clean look, my 2 cents for what's it worth and also my dealer said the same thing. Stay away from the bright white interior. Hard to clean and does not wear well. Our Nautique 206 is white and my buddy's Moomba is white and they show dirt and stains. We even wipe down after every use and no shoes or dirty feet are allowed. I went with the slight brown tint with brown soft grip flooring.

Second that!  We went with a moonbeam base, with white, black and charcoal accents and love the look.  With your exterior color scheme you have some options to use another color as the base and white as the main accent.

2 hours ago, Koeh0083 said:

Love the Vapror Blue and Black!  Beautiful combo @koeh0083!  Any pics of your interior? 

47 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Love the Vapror Blue and Black!  Beautiful combo @koeh0083!  Any pics of your interior? 

These are from the book they sent me. Otherwise MondayC3A567EC-EFD3-4FE8-84AF-1CF3F49AB85D_zpsF6C51FC2-D392-40FF-8154-173F3836A4A8_zps 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Koeh0083 said:

Very nice! 

Scmike I like the color combo, black hulls definitely stand out.sometime ago I was considering a SAN 210 in a similar scheme.

You opt for any options. I got my dealer to add rear camera and lifeform swim lights.

12 hours ago, Koeh0083 said:

Tell me about it. Ordered mine 9/15 and finally going to see for the first time and pickup Monday. Been a long winter to say the least. Yep they sent me a pic of it unwrapped. Just to make the next few days move even slower.92C980A5-6833-44B9-AC3D-2C29B85677EE_zps

Am I the only one who thinks the gel coat ,ones on the 21 look better than the 22 or 23??  Much more integrated and "connected"!!! IMO 

9 hours ago, Koeh0083 said:

Scmike I like the color combo, black hulls definitely stand out.sometime ago I was considering a SAN 210 in a similar scheme.

You opt for any options. I got my dealer to add rear camera and lifeform swim lights.

The options I got are:

1. SoftGrip Flooring and Seat bases

2. High Altitiude Prop

3. Surf Bimini 

4. Plug n play bags 

I will be trailering a lot (I live in SoCal) so I also had some options added to the trailer

1. Spare tire

2. Tie down straps

3. Transom steps 

2 hours ago, PeteOOXXOO said:

Am I the only one who thinks the gel coat ,ones on the 21 look better than the 22 or 23??  Much more integrated and "connected"!!! IMO 

I ordered a 22...  but I agree the gel lines on the 21 are very good!

21 hours ago, Koeh0083 said:

I would agree. This isn't the best comparison because the lighting is different (outside vs inside) but it gives an idea.

White:

VinylWhite.jpg?dl=0&raw=1 

Moonbeam:

VinylMoonbeam.jpg?dl=0&raw=1

Edited by Roachie
URL Fix
27 minutes ago, Roachie said:

I would agree. This isn't the best comparison because the lighting is different (outside vs inside) but it gives an idea.

White:

VinylWhite.jpg?dl=0&raw=1 

Moonbeam:

VinylMoonbeam.jpg?dl=0&raw=1

Don't get me wrong white is gorgeous, but next to impossible to keep looking like new. I'm hoping for my new sandstone is easier to maintain.

One of the reasons I am going vlx vs nautique is the support of the community. I get better info on vinyl from the people on TMC than my dealership. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the prices of leftovers out there (last years 22's) what is the motivation for going 21 vlx? Is it mostly to get your own color schemes? I am interested un upgrading in the fall or spring of 18. What made you go with a built 21 instead of a leftover 22?

On 5/11/2017 at 2:27 PM, 95echelon said:

With the prices of leftovers out there (last years 22's) what is the motivation for going 21 vlx? Is it mostly to get your own color schemes? I am interested un upgrading in the fall or spring of 18. What made you go with a built 21 instead of a leftover 22?

Not a ton of left over 22 VLX's.  A lot of people like the size of a 21 better(restricted).

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone skiied behind the new 21 or 22 VLX ? Seems no one cares about the ski component. Wondering if the new design skiis better or worse than my 11 VLX that's not a great ski boat ...

24 minutes ago, Malibuss said:

Has anyone skiied behind the new 21 or 22 VLX ? Seems no one cares about the ski component. Wondering if the new design skiis better or worse than my 11 VLX that's not a great ski boat ...

Very true. I have not skied behind them yet. Surfing is the hip thing to do so the ski capability seems to be disregarded in favor of more weight to make a better surf wave