Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 21 VLX vs 210 SAN

HPetit

Malibu and Nautique both make quality products.  Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between good-natured ribbing and mean-spirited bashing in a comparison thread.  IMO.  

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

They sure do.

And they have a VERY selective ski team

Dude, you're on the wrong forum.  Didn't you already get kicked out of here once for being an a-hole?

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, kerpluxal said:

Have you ridden the GS yet? I talked to Garret about getting one out for a demo... getting mixed reviews... but.. I always say ride it before you buy it... If you have not and want to, I will let you know when I get him to get one out... Hopefully not at roundup.. I have yet done a demo at roundup.. to busy having fun in my boat ;)

I have not demoed one but I have crawled around in one and it just seems to be a 210, 230 with a G look.

I am not impressed with a 100k boat that has no freeboard. Just my opinion. They may perform great, just not the boat for me. I would go MXZ all day if your comparing GS line.

Did you actually ride the wake/wave? It's clean for sure, but fairly underwhelming if you are looking for biggest/best.  It's fun to ride, but don't expect it to rival that of the mxz, 22vlx or lsv.  Not trying to be a jerk, but it's good, not "great". 

21 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Did you actually ride the wake/wave? It's clean for sure, but fairly underwhelming if you are looking for biggest/best.  It's fun to ride, but don't expect it to rival that of the mxz, 22vlx or lsv.  Not trying to be a jerk, but it's good, not "great". 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think the wake was "great" considering it's a 21VLX. I wasn't trying to say it even comes close to comparing with and mxz or lsv. I guess what I should've said is that it was great for its price point and category... I figured I would share the video on this thread since the comparison included a 21VLX. 

15 hours ago, DatTexasBoy said:

I have not demoed one but I have crawled around in one and it just seems to be a 210, 230 with a G look.

I am not impressed with a 100k boat that has no freeboard. Just my opinion. They may perform great, just not the boat for me. I would go MXZ all day if your comparing GS line.

when you walked around it, did the whole walkthrough flex ? That was the weirdest thing I noticed on a gs20 at the boat show was how spongy the entire walkthrough was.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 0:08 AM, bamaboy said:

In fairness the old 21 VLX didn't achieve ninja status until @Afun sacked the snot out of it.  So it could be ninja with more weight

I would love to take credit, but all students of the trade have teachers. Mine is known as The Oracle @RayRay

also known to be the true Ninja Surfer....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Test driving the 210 on Friday and the 21vlx on Sunday. I am looking at a leftover 2016 210 which is coming in 4k cheaper than having a new VLX sprayed. The electronics are amazing on the VLX the interior fit and finish on the 210 are imaculate . The VLX has the 6.2 raptor vs a indmar 343 on the  210. 

What have people paid for a 21VLX? I am getting pricing below the 79999 advertised. Do the rules regarding % below msrp work for this boat.

1 hour ago, HPetit said:

What have people paid for a 21VLX? I am getting pricing below the 79999 advertised. Do the rules regarding % below msrp work for this boat.

I haven't heard of anyone getting below $79,999.  Thats what i paid, except i was able to get about $5K in upgrades included.  

30 minutes ago, HPetit said:

http://malibuportal.malibuboats.com/Marketing/Boats/index.aspx?lid=725c87c4-af02-e711-8dd2-005056884483&bid=23170&ldid=37583

I think I am going with the Malibu 21VLX does anyone have any thoughts on my build, I have to get the CEO onboard with the colors

Nice choice!  Build looks nice.  I like that you are not using any of the gel lines, it will be very unique for a 21vlx.  Looks more classic to me like this. 

Just now, SCMike said:

Nice choice!  Build looks nice.  I like that you are not using any of the gel lines, it will be very unique for a 21vlx.  Looks more classic to me like this. 

That is the plan, I want to go for a more "old school" look for the boat 

Just now, HPetit said:

SC Mike when does your vlx arrive?

Spraying today.  I'm my dealer said about 3 weeks from now.  The wait is killing me! 

4 minutes ago, HPetit said:

Is this your first inboard? First Malibu? First new build?

Yes, yes, and yes!  My family had Ski and wakeboard boats growing up, but this will be MY first boat.  

Edited by SCMike
  • Like 2