Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 23LSV

TexasTexas95

So I'm in the process of purchasing a new boat and looking at a particular 2016 23LSV. I won't be in it more than a year before getting into a leftover 2017 in early 2018. The stats on the boat I'm looking at.

2016 23LSV WakeSetter on color matched trailer with color matched 18" wheels on extreme? Trailer. Raptor 410 motor, power seat, 4 wetsounds rev 8 tower speakers with sub. Snap in carpet, zero hours and fat sacs already installed. They're offering it to me for $85,900. 

Questions I have. Can I find a better deal on similarly optioned 23LSV? The 23LSV is already a bit small for would like, but at $85,900 I'm already $900 over budget. Axis is not an option and no other boat manufacturers have impressed me to the point where I want to jump brands. As I said, I'll only be in it this season and will swap it out next season so obviously, resale value will be important looking ahead. How upside down am I realistically going to be in one year on this boat? Let me know your thoughts and advice. My current 23LSV will be up in the classifieds soon. 

4 minutes ago, TexasTexas95 said:

Brand new, zero hours, full 5 year warranty. 

I didn't read the initial post that closely.

On second thought I'd pass on it.  Can you email me the the dealer's phone number?   :-)    Jump on it, that's a good deal for sure.

A new 21 VLX is going to run you 80.  Once you add TTL you'll be a bit more than $900 over your budget, but still a good deal on that boat!  See if they'll throw in a nice high altitude prop for ya!  

Great deal unless the colors are so bad you can't get it sold later.  Otherwise, jump on that now!  What are you thinking you'd like if you think the 23LSV is a bit small but you have $85,000 budget and are looking at newer boats, but no Axis?

Oh. It has ICON 8's up top so not rev 8's. It's orange and I'm not a huge fan cause I love my color so much, but it's not fugly. Just not my first choice haha. I'll see if I can get it. Thanks for spending my money y'all.

• Like 2

I won't touch an AXis. They literally physically beat me up with all the sharp edges. It's why I didn't get a Pavati too ;) oh and I love the Raptor motor. If I were to get a price point boat, I'd get a 2017 MB. The big one. They are really really solid and tricked out. I heard the wave was sick too. 

No idea on msrp. Is msrp even valid? 

2 minutes ago, TexasTexas95 said:

No idea on msrp. Is msrp even valid? 

I use it to calculate % off MSRP.  It is not a good tool to compare brands but it is a great tool to compare deals within the same brand IMO FWIW YMMV

For example, if you are getting above 30% off that is a smoking deal.  :blowup:

Please excuse me, I have to go put my flame suit on

Haha. Ok I gotcha. I just figured it was an arbitrary feel good number when you get money off MSRP. If any dealer sold any boat at MSRP and the buyer found out, that dealer would get burned alive. AXis boats don't come off MSRP very much while Malibu boats do. It's strange the way that works. Malibu gives upward of 20-30% off MSRP on the bu and only 5% off on the Axis. Now if AXis was coming 20-30% off, they probably couldn't build them quick enough.