Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

overall lehgth of 05/06 vlx?

catalac

Hi Guys, just getting on to this board, I used to be active on the old mbo site which has kind of died out, never found this site till a couple days ago.

I am trading off my 03 vlx for a 06 and it may not fit in my garage. Anyone know the length with the trailer tongue broke back and the swim platform on or off?

Help much appreciated, my 03 fits with about a foot to spare with the teak deck on. So I figure a 06 will be close with the deck on.

My garage is 23 feet 3 inches.

I would think that it would depend on what trailer you have, I could go measure my Extreme, but I probably wont have access to it until Thursday... (I'm pretty sure someone will beat me to the punch by then.)

Oh and Welcome to the site. :)

Edited by DRAGON88

One thing that will make a difference is the Power Wedge if you get it. It sticks out almost as far as the swim platform. With a manual wedge, platform off & tongue broken back (Extreme trailer) I think that ours measures 21'6" (the tongue breaks right at the nose of the boat).

Height may also be an issue as well to consider. My 01 would fit in the garage but the 06 not even close. They sit higher on the trailer since they widened the beam. And as Wakegirl stated above, the trailer isn't the issue as much as the boat is since the trailer breaks right at the nose and the stern hangs past the end of the trailer. You might just squeek by with a power wedge but your swim platform will definately have to be taken off. Going back to the height thing, with a standard trailer brand and the Illusion tower, you'll need about 9'6" of clearance with the tower down.

Height may also be an issue as well to consider. My 01 would fit in the garage but the 06 not even close. They sit higher on the trailer since they widened the beam. And as Wakegirl stated above, the trailer isn't the issue as much as the boat is since the trailer breaks right at the nose and the stern hangs past the end of the trailer. You might just squeek by with a power wedge but your swim platform will definately have to be taken off. Going back to the height thing, with a standard trailer brand and the Illusion tower, you'll need about 9'6" of clearance with the tower down.

Good point, my 23 LSV with Titan I fit, but, my 05 W/S Vlx with blade doesn't even come close height wise. :(

9'6" with it DOWN?.. That seems high, but I don't have one of those fancy-smancy IllusionX towers

Our garage door is 8' & we don't have a problem getting it in with the tower down, that's on a standard trailer. A lowrider would have gotten us a bit more clearance. I suspect that maybe db meant with the tower up.

Oooops. Yeah, what I said is the tower height up. The windshield will be the highest point with the tower folded down in relation to the Illusion tower I believe which seems that if you have a 8' high door you won't have a problem. I must not cuz there is no way I'm gettin mine in the garage.

Our garage door is 8' & we don't have a problem getting it in with the tower down, that's on a standard trailer. A lowrider would have gotten us a bit more clearance. I suspect that maybe db meant with the tower up.

Oooops. Yeah, what I said is the tower height up. The windshield will be the highest point with the tower folded down in relation to the Illusion tower I believe which seems that if you have a 8' high door you won't have a problem. I must not cuz there is no way I'm gettin mine in the garage.

Can anyone tell my how high the windshields sits on their VLX. My wife and I went to the dealer the other day. We decided to go with the VTX (should be close to the VLX in height) assuming we like it after we see and drive it. A big bonus with the VTX for us is that it will fit in the garage(only 21' deep). After reading this post I am concerned that my door may be too short. I went and measured it, 6'10". Thanks.

Can anyone tell my how high the windshields sits on their VLX. My wife and I went to the dealer the other day. We decided to go with the VTX (should be close to the VLX in height) assuming we like it after we see and drive it. A big bonus with the VTX for us is that it will fit in the garage(only 21' deep). After reading this post I am concerned that my door may be too short. I went and measured it, 6'10". Thanks.

I don't know. My garage height is the same and we were able to fit our 01 Sunsetter VLX with the Titan tower folded down. It was close but I think you might be alright with the VTX. I don't know what the beam is on the new boat but I'm guessing it's less than the wakesetters which will help it sit lower on the trailer. Dontknow.gif By the way, I measured about 7' from ground to top of windshield on our VLX with an Extreme trailer.

I don't know. My garage height is the same and we were able to fit our 01 Sunsetter VLX with the Titan tower folded down. It was close but I think you might be alright with the VTX. I don't know what the beam is on the new boat but I'm guessing it's less than the wakesetters which will help it sit lower on the trailer. Dontknow.gif By the way, I measured about 7' from ground to top of windshield on our VLX with an Extreme trailer.

Is that 7' merasurement with the boat hooked to the truck or settin on the jack wheel?

Is that 7' merasurement with the boat hooked to the truck or settin on the jack wheel?

That measurement was done with the jack wheel and the trailer perfectly level but was also an eyed guess with the tape measure. I suppose you could lower the jack wheel to make the level lower if need be.