Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim deck light

Cmb396

These are LEDs, not light bulbs. The only way to change the color is to change the entire light fixture. I believe the OEM lights only come in white. You might need to look into changing to an aftermarket light fixture to change the color. Should be an easy swap though.

9 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

These are LEDs, not light bulbs. The only way to change the color is to change the entire light fixture. I believe the OEM lights only come in white. You might need to look into changing to an aftermarket light fixture to change the color. Should be an easy swap though.

After re-reading my post, I see how it could be deciphered that way, but I meant a complete ballast replacement. I know you can't swap LED bulbs. 

2 hours ago, Cmb396 said:

After re-reading my post, I see how it could be deciphered that way, but I meant a complete ballast replacement. I know you can't swap LED bulbs. 

I have the 6 LED fixtures & there is no ballast. Not sure if the 9 LED version has one or not. If you really want to change the color, just change the light fixture. Just be sure your using similar low voltage fixtures.

Maybe some kind of colored gel would work, similar to lights used in a film set.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

David with Earmark Marine is a member here. Worth a check with him.

Mine are white. They end up looking sort of green in the water. We installed them thinking it would be fun for skinnydippin in the summer. Turns out they attract fish, which kind of scares the women off....   :woot:

CIMG0947.jpg

CIMG1076Large.jpg

CIMG1082Large.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
17 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Turns out they attract fish, which kind of scares the women off....   :woot:

You sure thats what scares them off?

• Like 3
On January 31, 2017 at 10:21 PM, skylerchamblee said:

Translucent spray paint? Take apart and spray the insides, may take a few coats

So I kinda raised an eyebrow at this when first reading, then started looking into it. I'm going to try it on a led flashlight to see how it works, and go from there. I've read some pretty good reviews about doing this on the interwebs.

Those transom lights were originally installed on fishing boats because they will attract sea critters. They slowly morphed from function to form. 

I'd check how much light you lose coating the lens. It is difficult to get good lighting with the lights by themselves, filtering down the light through a coating might have bad consequences in the water.