Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 1615 vs 1235

MattyICE15

Just now, AJwakedevil said:

Did you go with the 16115 or a 15"?

I picked up a slightly used 1235.  $300 I think?  Lots of additional work on the boat to get it up and running but it is performing well so far.  Was able to get curl and push for the first time this year and ride ropeless for a bit.  Still lots of practice to be had though.

46 minutes ago, MattyICE15 said:

I picked up a slightly used 1235.  $300 I think?  Lots of additional work on the boat to get it up and running but it is performing well so far.  Was able to get curl and push for the first time this year and ride ropeless for a bit.  Still lots of practice to be had though.

Awesome. I put an offer on ebay or a 1615 and they took 400 instantly for it. Kicked myself for not trying 300 first. Anyways had my first go with it last night and it was a huge difference from the stock as your 1235 probably is.

Good to hear youre ropeless and surfing!! I had 2800lbs just in the rear last night for surfing. said WTH and tried to hit wake speed. Only took 15 seconds (with another 500 up front and 400 in ski locker)

3 minutes ago, AJwakedevil said:

Awesome. I put an offer on ebay or a 1615 and they took 400 instantly for it. Kicked myself for not trying 300 first. Anyways had my first go with it last night and it was a huge difference from the stock as your 1235 probably is.

Good to hear youre ropeless and surfing!! I had 2800lbs just in the rear last night for surfing. said WTH and tried to hit wake speed. Only took 15 seconds (with another 500 up front and 400 in ski locker)

Very nice... I tried the same and couldn't get the boat up past 15mph.  However, I did have clogged fuel filters at the time which I later diagnosed. May have to try it again and see if it makes a difference. (1,500 in the rear lockers, 300 in the center ski locker, and another 400 on top of it in the walkway).

Edited by MattyICE15