Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SwiftShield

05hammerhead

Im sure everyone has seen this but if not Ill share again cause I thought it was cool. 

Edited by 05hammerhead
  • Like 2

I liked the Shore Station one at first glance, but when I looked closer, it has heavy metal bars at the bottom that weigh it down.  If there's wind, the metal is supposed to bang up against the outside of your lift.  When I looked close, it looked to me like if you had enough wind and it wasn't positioned exactly right, it could end up banging up against the side of your boat.  Great idea, but I'd want to see it in action on a windy day before I pulled the trigger on something like that.  Did you find out the cost on these?  

I also saw that Floe has a huge screen/mesh canopy that's deep, and operates on a hydraulic which goes up and down so you wouldn't need to lower your tower.  Comes with a remote so you can raise and lower to get in and out of your lift.  At the beginning of the boat show I was told they were 3K.  I saw the guy from the dealership at the local watering hole after the show ended on Sunday, and he told me they "changed" the price on them, now they're more like $1800.

I like both but I would be more concerned with wind and the  SwiftShield . But it does look to be kinda tight. If you are concerned with the other one it would be easy to run some straps on the lift that would stop any chance of the frame from getting into the lift area. I have seen another one like the shore station around Michigan. The SwiftShield looks like the covers for dump trucks just better shape to cover the boat. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Skin2Win said:

That is Awesome!  I am scared to think how much that costs.......Ok, I want to know!   Anyone price one out yet?

That's the thing I was talking about above.  Initially I was told $3,000, then the day after the boat show was over he told me it'd be more like $1,800.

19 hours ago, Sixer said:

That's the thing I was talking about above.  Initially I was told $3,000, then the day after the boat show was over he told me it'd be more like $1,800.

That is a lot cheaper than I was thinking.

When I saw it in person it looked REALLY deep too, like you could have the tower up and have some pretty decent coverage on the boat.  It operates on a hydraulic system, seemed really nice.  I wasn't overly impressed with the color options for the cover, but otherwise it was pretty cool.

A neighbor got a swiftsheild last year. It scuffs his gel like crazy. It does look like it gets pretty snug when it's on, but not tight enough. The breeze constantly flaps it a little bit, and scuffs the gel over time.

• 4 years later...
On 1/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, 05hammerhead said:

Im sure everyone has seen this but if not Ill share again cause I thought it was cool. 

I was quoted 17k for a MXZ 22’ 🤔😬