Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to the Forum- 25lsv

281pilotb

Hey all.  Family with a couple young boys looking at getting into a wakeboard/surfing boat.  The boys are only 7 and 4 now but want something they can grow in to.  Local dealer has a 2016 25lsv for sale that I really like.  Any current 25 owners have thoughts positive or negative on their boat so far?  For the same price around here I was comparing with a 2016 X30 or for a little more but close enough to not make a huge difference the 2017 MXZ 22.  I like the thought on the added space of the 25 if we have the boys friends all over it.  I've spent a lot of time behind a 2010 23lsv and loved it.  I imagine more surfing than wakeboarding in the near future until the kids get more experienced.  Thanks for the time.  Maybe a cool picture to follow in the near future.  

I love the 25LSV.  Have thought about making that upgrade more than once, but I can't bring myself to spend the $$$.  

IMO, the 25LSV is in a different league than either of the other two boats you mention.

@The Hulk can tell you what's up with the 25LSV. I don't recall much if anything negative being talked about it here, and a couple diehard 23LSV guys have switched over to the 25.

The 25 will have a ton more space than the 22MXZ, especially in the cabin, and it will surf a lot better with the extra displacement. Is the one you're looking at a holdover or slightly used?

If you upload pics to photobucket or a similar photosharing site, and then paste the IMG link into a response, we can help spend your $ better.

Edited by NWBU

Ha Ha.  I always spend other people's money better as well.  Its new/holdover.  On the showroom floor and knocked a few bucks off of it trying to move it.  It has the 450.  The tower I think he said its the 3.0.  And the rear wakeview flip up seat.  Other than that some of the paint is upgraded.  Haven't been around Malibu in a few years and boy have a lot of things changed. I'll work on the photo upload.   

ahopkins22LSV

I got to use a 25 lsv this summer for 4 days. It is by far the best Malibu I have ever used for surfing. It's also just an awesome boat with the space but still being able to maneuver like a Malibu. The wakeborders I towed were very impressed as well. I spent an afternoon on a very nice X30 that my friend had a few years ago and I'd choose the 25 every day. And that's not saying the X30 wasn't nice. 

We got to play in the 25 for a ride day.  Wake and wake we're on point, and we had about 19people plus gear at one point.  At that point it was definitely cramped, but under normal circumstances, there's more than enough room.  The 450 was plenty, we did drain PNP with that many people onboard.

13 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I got to use a 25 lsv this summer for 4 days. It is by far the best Malibu I have ever used for surfing. It's also just an awesome boat with the space but still being able to maneuver like a Malibu. The wakeborders I towed were very impressed as well. I spent an afternoon on a very nice X30 that my friend had a few years ago and I'd choose the 25 every day. And that's not saying the X30 wasn't nice. 

so your the one who put that little scratch in my 25 being fixed??? haha jk jk....maybe.... ha

On 1/29/2017 at 9:18 PM, 281pilotb said:

Hey all.  Family with a couple young boys looking at getting into a wakeboard/surfing boat.  The boys are only 7 and 4 now but want something they can grow in to.  Local dealer has a 2016 25lsv for sale that I really like.  Any current 25 owners have thoughts positive or negative on their boat so far?  For the same price around here I was comparing with a 2016 X30 or for a little more but close enough to not make a huge difference the 2017 MXZ 22.  I like the thought on the added space of the 25 if we have the boys friends all over it.  I've spent a lot of time behind a 2010 23lsv and loved it.  I imagine more surfing than wakeboarding in the near future until the kids get more experienced.  Thanks for the time.  Maybe a cool picture to follow in the near future.  

you simply cant go wrong with the 25, its the most forgiving boat, you simply cant screw up the wave its so easy to set it and forget it...just fill and ride. 

its a bigger boat but you appreciate the room when you get out on the water, nobody eversaid a boat was too big when they were out on the water with a crew and needed to move around. i came from the 23lsv and what a differenc the extra space does, and i am out 70% of the time with my wife and a 4yr old and 1.5yr old... toys on the floor...no problem.. deep storage, tons of room for water guns and more toys, jackets etc.. I like to pop up the seat behind driver and set my RTIC 30 cooler there for easy access, no lifting of the seats.. 

compared to a MC i think you already know the dash on the 25 blows that away. its clean futuristic and just sexy... best clean dash layout on any boat... Malibu nails this every time. 

the 2016 as mentioned does not have the 2:1 tranny like the 2017, but i dont think its an issue: just make sure you get the standard prop as the 2277 prop, do not get the torque prop as standard unless you are at high elev. i plan to order one and then a higher pitch as well. The good thing about the 2016 is it will have a few inches less draft if your on a shallow lake or boat in shallow areas. 

for kidos and newbies the 25 is perfect the wave is so long its MUCH easier to teach someone how to surf. also its pretty amazing how the wake can flatten out at 30mp if you want to take a ski run. the dealer informed me you "can" put it into lift mode and it becomes more like a comp ski boat. its a few mph past the recommended max speed for lift mode but they say its fine....i dont ski anymore because surfing has taken over otherwise i would... 

i put a long review up here a while back i'll have to search for that thread.

sounds like you have made up your mind and its a good choice! you will be envied by your neighbors! 

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 6:40 PM, 281pilotb said:

Thanks Hulk.  Well.  New 25LSV is ours.  Can't wait to hit the water.  Kids took a quick demo on the pond next to the dealership.  HUGE wave in a shallow lake.  Can't wait to get it out on the open water.  

IMG_1887.JPG

Congrats!!! Sick boat!

• Like 3
On 2/18/2017 at 7:33 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

Awesome boat! So, what upgrades do you have planned?

Being that its mainly families on the boat don't plan on doing much with the audio stuff.  It will be plenty for what we are looking to do.  Maybe do some plug and play in the rear but we are going to ride it for a while first and see how the kiddos and newbies are doing with the stock setup.  The couple of times I've been out in it so far the stock wave has plenty of push for anyone young or learning to ride.  Taking it out with two guys from the dealership that used to be serious riders.  Gonna let them help me tweak the presets and show me how to manipulate the wave to our liking.  Honestly this thing is so sweet as it sits I don't have a lot of plans to mess with it.  Only upgrade I really need now is the lake house.  Ha ha.  

• Like 1