Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another new camper/trailer

mainekneeboarder

4 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I love that you are just doing everything totally out of the norm yet making it work well. 

The more unique setups like this the better. 

Im defiantly out of the norm:crazy:

On 2/1/2017 at 2:32 PM, cowwboy said:

Now we need pics of the truck and turbo setup. 

First pic is from a few years ago when we went to Georgia, this was a campground on Lake Norman in N.C. The truck has changed a little, I put a GMC grill in it because the square inch area of the GMC grill was a little more open, and going with an aftermarket grill insert to eliminate the GMC logo I gained even a little more area. I did put a small Chevy bow tie in the GMC grill thou. The last pic is a current pic of the turbo, I have changed the setup a couple times. Anyone familiar with this style truck will notice the intake has been turned and modified where the throttle body is, the throttle body is normally on the passengers side of the engine which put the hot turbo rite under the throttle body and I had to run the piping thru the intercooler and back across the truck to get to the throttle body. The intake top half where it bolts to the lower half is the same side to side, and can be turned, I just had to modify it where the throttle body mounted because it tiped forward and when turned was aimed rite into the brake master. This got the intake away from the turbo heat and shortened the intake piping up a bunch. There is a bunch of other small changes to make stuff work better.

NC%20trip.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

• Like 3

That whole set up is badass!

We love to take our lsv and 5th wheel on trips to the lake, but like many, it's a multi vehicle pull. Me pulling the 5th wheel, and my wife pulling the boat. Not only is nerve racking enough pulling a 38 footer, then add the extra stress of having the wife pull our boat!! She's done pretty good so far, only took out one mailbox on her very first pull, lol.

congrats again on the setup, super cool!

also, im impressed by the mpg you're getting. I only get around 9 in my 6.7 (H&S tuned and deleted) Ford pulling my 5th wheel, but that's with 37" tires tho.

• 2 months later...