Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 21VLX vs. NXT 22

Kicker716

On 1/26/2017 at 10:25 PM, Nitrousbird said:

I sat in both at the boat show .  The VLX is easily the nicer boat of the two.  The NXT felt like big fiberglass bathtub (and by big, I mean small for the length of boat due to its narrow beam).  The Axis and Moomba boats, along with the VLX, were all nicer for the same/less money.  I wasn't even slightly impressed. 

I sat in both and feel exactly the same. We almost didn't even sit on any of the Mastercrafts because the outside was so unappealing. 

Your bathtub comment is hilarious, that's basically the same thing my wife said when we walked on it.

Edited by MikeDe

I think I might have found the ugliest nxt. This was at the Seattle boat show and I told the sales person whoever ordered this gel scheme should be fired. That much exposed fiberglass in the interior is fine if it's not covered in puke green. 

3266C6D1-D3EB-40F0-8558-81C9C1A89ABA_zps

38DC7B5A-9A4C-4E7D-8DA8-031D185620A3_zps

B770C475-6FF1-4C22-8726-5A975F7649F5_zps

Well I was one signature away from making a purchase last summer on a NXT 22 when I received a post on my Facebook page from Malibu advertising the new vlx21. I have always like the Malibu and the tech it has, but can't stomach a 100k purchase yet. The NXT was a nice boat probably more comparable to an Axis due to a more anolog feel. The Malibu I ordered and NXT were within 3k in price and the NXT was a stock boat where my VLX was custom ordered. The Malibu adds more if I can say plushness with digital dash, better seat material and I ordered soft grip flooring. Also the NXT has friction fit seats, no available bow filler, and less Ballast. The the surf wave was very nice, but the demo I did had bags under the seat where I felt like a compable wake from the VLX with just surf gate since I did not want to wait for tanks.