Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Axis Boat

Shanew8250

I have a 2005 V ride had it for 12 years. Went to the boat show now I have the fever for a new boat. The Axis boats are more in my price range than the malibus. What is the best boat in there line? 

Just now, Bill_AirJunky said:

T23 is sweet. Same hull as the 23' LSV, Malibu's most popular boat ever. A little less luxury, a little sportier, great wake.

I don't think it is the same hull.  

The biggest thing that keeps me out of Axis  is you can't get the power wedge.  

• Like 3
Just now, hethj7 said:

I don't think it is the same hull.  

The biggest thing that keeps me out of Axis  is you can't get the power wedge.  

:plus1: it's been out since 06, I realize that bu uses hydraulic rams now but isn't it time to atleast put the "old school" power wedge tech using acutuators on the axis line?

+1 for ndawg12 and hethj7.  I'd look at any 2015 and newer Malibu's.  Should easily be able to find a 23LSV under 100k.  Hell, might get lucky and find a leftover new 16 around that. I'd look '15 and up do to the lift feature of the wedge added then.  Makes a huge difference and is a huge help.

In the boat show thread had a pic of a 17 lsv for 94. See when the next show around you is. Vlx22 should be in that range to.

Edited by shadetreefab
53 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

T23 is sweet. Same hull as the 23' LSV, Malibu's most popular boat ever. A little less luxury, a little sportier, great wake.

I didn't think they were the same hull so I looked it up.  LSV = 23' , T23 = 23' 5"

Both boats throw a great wave but the T23 will take a bunch more weight to get there. I was in your spot last year and we ended up in a holdover '15 LSV with LS3 for less than 100K.  Interior, PW2 and Bimini were huge factors for me.  

The T23 is a sweet boat and would be a great choice if you find one for a great price. 

54 minutes ago, ID AX said:

I didn't think they were the same hull so I looked it up.  LSV = 23' , T23 = 23' 5"

Both boats throw a great wave but the T23 will take a bunch more weight to get there. I was in your spot last year and we ended up in a holdover '15 LSV with LS3 for less than 100K.  Interior, PW2 and Bimini were huge factors for me.  

The T23 is a sweet boat and would be a great choice if you find one for a great price. 

Yea, OK, you win. Their both Wake plus hulls. Similar, but not identical.

ahopkins22LSV

Axis makes a great performing bot and the T series is very good. That said the A22 I was on last summer had a very nice surf wave too I just like more cabin space over the bigger bow so I still like the T better. 

That said I agree with everyone above. At 100k budget you should be able to get into a new 22vlx or 23lsv, depending on options and location. You can most definitely get into a left over 2016 or slightly used 2015.

That is if you want the fancier Malibu's. I like the techy screens and stuff on the Malibu so I would go that route if I were you. Plus the power wedge II is awesome and might be he biggest factor for why I would go Malibu.

$74,700 boat show price on the T23.  Still quite a bit more to go Malibu.   For many of us, we thought the price delta was worth it, although I still cringe a bit thinking of it.  

I have a 2015 A22 and sat in a 2017 22 MXZ at the dealership this weekend. Definitely see what you pay the extra $ for. Fit and finish was noticeably better and the screens around the driver were pretty sweet. Really comes down to what you're going to be doing with it. I know my friends aren't the most careful bunch and tend to trash everything they touch. In the future I'll probably move to Malibu or maybe a G but for now an Axis fits the bill pretty well. 

10 hours ago, Shanew8250 said:

I appreciate all the input keep it coming. Also where is the best place to shop for used boats? 

onlyinboards.com or boattrader. I would check onlyinboards first though. Great site

20 hours ago, shadetreefab said:

In the boat show thread had a pic of a 17 lsv for 94. See when the next show around you is. Vlx22 should be in that range to.

where is this boat show thread?? appreciate it and sorry for going off topic. Hard to believe a 23lsv for under 100k

11 hours ago, Chaser720 said:

I have a 2015 A22 and sat in a 2017 22 MXZ at the dealership this weekend. Definitely see what you pay the extra $ for. Fit and finish was noticeably better and the screens around the driver were pretty sweet. Really comes down to what you're going to be doing with it. I know my friends aren't the most careful bunch and tend to trash everything they touch. In the future I'll probably move to Malibu or maybe a G but for now an Axis fits the bill pretty well. 

Sounds like your friends need to realize whose boat they are on!

I have a15 A22 and it puts out a nice wave but I have about almost 4000 lbs of ballast in it.  I am actually looking into the RI line for a heavier boat ballast setup.  if you like to surf, check to see the dry weights of the boats.  the heavier the boat the more potential it has for a larger surf wave.

On 1/23/2017 at 8:33 PM, Suggy said:

where is this boat show thread?? appreciate it and sorry for going off topic. Hard to believe a 23lsv for under 100k

It's a lot of boat for that much!

Me=15 LSV23 for < 100k new. Left over boat at the end of 15. 

Good luck shopping.

FxSZdb3.jpgaGLDmhW.jpgMx89bKW.jpgFxSZdb3.jpg 

GovbPWi.jpg

For example I purchased a left over 2015 Axis T23 fully loaded (minus the bigger motor) for 58K before taxes last september... has 40hrs on it from the dealer all demo hours.  I am extremely pleased with the boat and the motor has been great for 12+ people with factory ballast plus the PNP (1100# in each rear locker and bow sack).  

Didnt come with bimini but the dealer sold me one at cost (550$) 

has all wet sounds stereo, multiple malibu dealers told me that almost every single power wedge has broke in 3 years or less.  It takes about 20 seconds to walk from drivers seat and put up or down the wedge and nothing can break.  

For me the selling points were 1. Price 2. Functionality 3. Lack of high dollar and thus high cost to fix electronics 4.  Amazing looks and surf wave 

Edited by bjw444
  • Like 1
On 1/22/2017 at 9:30 PM, Shanew8250 said:

Les than 100k... wake surfing, wake boarding and of course tubing.

If you can wait until late Summer you can buy a 17 23LSV with about 9k in audio upgrades in the low-mid 90's. Just sayin...?