Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

Just now, Cole2001 said:

Anyone other dealers got one in? Performance marine said they have a few more coming in the next couple days. 

For anyone in the states this could be a decent deal for you. He bought it when the dollar was 1.29 now it's 1.32 so you save some money. 

Don’t you lose the warranty if you cross a border?

I definetly don't want that middle seat! :grouphug:

I like the flip down steps though. I think the thought process here is " How are we gonna cut down all the split seat seam warranty claims???" ... which I suppose It will achieve the desired effect.... FINALLY after 15 years of the same issues!  Not sure I would have done the "add on step appliqués " in the center and on the sundeck. Just went with the flip down step..

I wish I could know the percentage of people that actually use them though... I have always been conscious and never.....errr... tried most of time to not step in the center of the rear seat . It typically was never ME that caused the issues though. It's everyone else ... and it's hard to play the hard a** with EVERYONE that steps foot into your boat , telling them "DONT STAND OR STEP IN MY SEATS!!!" I forsee those flip downs will fall into the same category and NOT get used very often . Someone is almost always sitting in the corners anyways. That's prime real estate beyond the observers seat.

Still wondering why they stole design que's from MB of all people ;).:.. I always thought that reversed Chevron was wack-a-do .... guess it's the new black? 

Overall looks like more of the natural progression type stuff. About ready for a new dash soon I suppose... just about the time the old one REALLY works.

1 hour ago, Bawshogg said:

I definetly don't want that middle seat! :grouphug:

I like the flip down steps though. I think the thought process here is " How are we gonna cut down all the split seat seam warranty claims???" ... which I suppose It will achieve the desired effect.... FINALLY after 15 years of the same issues!  Not sure I would have done the "add on step appliqués " in the center and on the sundeck. Just went with the flip down step..

I wish I could know the percentage of people that actually use them though... I have always been conscious and never.....errr... tried most of time to not step in the center of the rear seat . It typically was never ME that caused the issues though. It's everyone else ... and it's hard to play the hard a** with EVERYONE that steps foot into your boat , telling them "DONT STAND OR STEP IN MY SEATS!!!" I forsee those flip downs will fall into the same category and NOT get used very often . Someone is almost always sitting in the corners anyways. That's prime real estate beyond the observers seat.

Still wondering why they stole design que's from MB of all people ;).:.. I always thought that reversed Chevron was wack-a-do .... guess it's the new black? 

Overall looks like more of the natural progression type stuff. About ready for a new dash soon I suppose... just about the time the old one REALLY works.

So...how much do those nice folks over in Merced pay you to stay active on this forum?

you can tell us, we're all friends here.

Surely not as much as you rake in at the dealership bub. 

Im still a potential buyer ... not a seller. 

Edited by Bawshogg

Baws, you probably know but those seats first showed up in the M235.  You bring up a good point.  I would be curious to hear from those that have them if they get used.  Seems like a center flip down would be better as I agree there are usually butts in the corners.  

8 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Baws, you probably know but those seats first showed up in the M235.  You bring up a good point.  I would be curious to hear from those that have them if they get used.  Seems like a center flip down would be better as I agree there are usually butts in the corners.  

I have the seats.  Less than 8-9 people in the boat we use them.  I wouldn't pay list for them probably, but I got them at a very fair price and the quality is really high.

There are worse ways to spend your money for options.  I would rate these as middle of the pack, but if you're appreciative of quality and design you'll like them.  (again, cost isn't cheap)

• Like 2

You can tell they are NOT cheap at all. All that PTM billet "ANYTHING " is like GOLD. 

I bought a phone holder made by PTM for my boat ... COST was 220 bucks ....for a phone holder... I imagine they get 1000's for those flip down brackets. 

21 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I would love to have them.  We always run 8 or less people and wouldn't mind having one corner taken up. 

For all you guys on the 2018 model thread questioning the price increases. I was told that the price actually didn't go up too much between the years. 

Although it helps our dollar is slowly recovering up here. 

I still can't believe they unwrapped it just for us. Still don't understand why manufacturers don't release these things. Yes people like us find out but the average person has no idea the new lsv changed. 

Typically they try and protect their dealers and the stock boats they still have in inventory. 

There is a method to the release timing . 

• Like 2

I hope that seadeck on the sunpad and bench seat is an option.  I wouldn't want to lose the seat or the comfort when laying on the sunpad.  I agree.  Malibu is just trying to cut warranty claims on the seat cushion. I've never heard of the sunpad splitting...

• Like 1
Just now, Cory said:

I hope that seadeck on the sunpad and bench seat is an option.  I wouldn't want to lose the seat or the comfort when laying on the sunpad.  I agree.  Malibu is just trying to cut warranty claims on the seat cushion. I've never heard of the sunpad splitting...

It was actually quite minimal and didn't really make much of a difference. 

13 hours ago, Chattwake said:

Actually, all MasterCraft contracts are consummated during a formal ceremony involving the presentment of a billet captain's hat.  The buyer is also given a skull themed 4 person tube and forced to ride the same until Parks (dressed in a statute of liberty costume and no life jacket) flies in on a red bull helicopter and drop kicks the buyer off the tube.   The contract is signed with ink made from the tears of people too poor for the MC reps to talk to at boatshows.

This had me rolling!  Hahahaha

• Like 2

Looks like the price of seadek is coming down.  I can't understand the necessity of ruining the functionality and comfort of the back seat with a measly 1x2 piece of seadek.  Surely hope that's an option.

I can close a few myths. Price didn't go up much at all compared to my 2016.

You won't find any overlap between a stock 2016 25 and a stock 2018 23. That said I have 2017 25 that will be cheaper than any 2016 you will find. Red/black/white. 

I ordered my 2018 23 LSV on Thursday. I absolutely love my 25LSV. The decision to go down is size was commercial, but the 2018 has a lot more beef than the 2017. I'm not worried about the wake.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Sixer said:

How does the seadeck attach to the rear sunpad?  Is there potential for it to tear away, or other seams to rip?

It was actually quite solid and looked very thought out. 

8 hours ago, Sixer said:

How does the seadeck attach to the rear sunpad?  Is there potential for it to tear away, or other seams to rip?

Could be done the way other boat companies have been doing it. A separate fiberglass part with sea deck on it is bolted on the hatch sandwiching the edges of padded vinyl. Look at Supra for example. Since Malibu is a 2 hatch setup instead of 3 hatches for the sun pad, the step spot has to split the gap and have some on each hatch. 

On 7/8/2017 at 2:38 PM, JustinHarrelson said:

That said I have 2017 25 that will be cheaper than any 2016 you will find. Red/black/white. 

POIDH (pics and price ) or it didn't happen 

• Like 1

I just pulled my files. The difference in price on my 2016 vs 2018 is about $4,000.00. Also note that 2018 has seadeck and the camera. My 2016 didn't. My 2018 might have one less color adder though.

Over 2 years, $4-5K, with a redesign, isn't that bad. I would say that is in-line with standard increase without a redesign.

I just have the computer rendering. I don't even have a spray date yet, but they are saying at or around Sept 1 completion.

• Like 2