Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, 05hammerhead said:

I dont think this boat is competing with the other boats mentioned, gotta compare it to SAN 230s, XTs and Supra SAs. 

It really isn't in Competition with the SA anymore. The SA is more equal to the G23 than anything, at least in size. You be your own judge as far as wake and wave. The SA dwarfs the 23lsv.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DatTexasBoy said:

It really isn't in Competition with the SA anymore. The SA is more equal to the G23 than anything, at least in size. You be your own judge as far as wake and wave. The SA dwarfs the 23lsv.

Hate to break it, XT is a ?. 

Edited by ConnollyCrew
On 1/27/2017 at 5:01 PM, DatTexasBoy said:

But price tag it competes.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2017 at 10:16 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

Hate to break it, XT is a ?. 

Are you referring to the new MC line?  Not NXT right?

Just out of curiosity what makes it a coiled up snake?  

• Like 2
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, 05hammerhead said:

But price tag it competes.

True, I thought you were referring to actual overall size. you could add the SG in there too I suppose.

I have seen and been in the New MC XT line. I am not impressed really, looks as if they just changed the name really. Maybe a new redesign on the XStar and a few tweaks on the X23 and they may have a contender.

15 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Mastercraft dealer at boat show told me to wait until late July for something big from MC - G competitor.  Just throwing it out there for the heck of it.....

How many times has Mastercraft said that in the past 10 years?

8 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Mastercraft dealer at boat show told me to wait until late July for something big from MC - G competitor.  Just throwing it out there for the heck of it.....

This is hilarious.  So they are finally admitting that the X23 is a coiled up snake?  

Regardless of the outcome, I'm sure the hype will be absolutely insane.  The hype on the XT23 was ridiculous. So much so that I bought into it.  Then when I saw it, I was like uh....This is a fatter X30....

MC makes a beautiful boat.  I have just learned over the past few years that the outcome rarely matches the hype associated with it. 

I wonder if they will bring back Timbo Jenkins for this release eh @shawndoggy?

Edited by bamaboy
23 hours ago, bamaboy said:

This is hilarious.  So they are finally admitting that the X23 is a coiled up snake?  

Coiled up snakes appear to those that know where to see them....Mobile devices are NOT snakes....

Edited by ConnollyCrew
1 hour ago, DatTexasBoy said:

There is something new from MC coming. I'm guessing newly designed X-Star!!!!

Oh Geez.  The hype is already starting.  

Prediction: Hype that is so profuse it makes you nauseous that results in a pretty cool looking boat that has average performance on the water.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Oh Geez.  The hype is already starting.  

Prediction: Hype that is so profuse it makes you nauseous that results in a pretty cool looking boat that has average performance on the water.  

No, I know its an XStar update. I do not know any details on what it will look like but its coming.

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

So they are going to slightly change the gel and interior designs and re-release it as the xt-sun?

I've been saying it for a few years now. Mastercraft was riding the "we are Mastercraft" wave for too long. Little to no innovation and the days are past of if you are buying a ski/wake boat you just go buy a mc.

The thing is that there are blunt and blind followers of each boat brand (brand loyalists) that don't care how their desired boat and brand stacks up against the competition. They want that boat because that's what they've had in the past and that's what they like. I dont get it. My MC buddy at the boat show said he likes the new MC's but hates the "dent" in the rub rail where that curve is just behind where the tower is mounted. I laughed pretty hard when he asked "How much would I have to pay to get a MC without a dent?":lol:

I second the majority here in saying that the 23 is pretty darn good as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• 5 months later...

I ordered my 2018 23LSV yesterday. There are quite a few changes. One is overall weight.

I'd be comfortable stacking my 2016 23LSV against a G or an SA any day. The wake size is very comparable, but where the the LSV kills them is ridability. Gs and SAs are great for certain tricks, but as a whole they are very difficult to ride well. 90% of expert riders will ride better behind my LSV--All developing riders will. G wakes are steep and the lip obscures the landing pad. The transitions on both wakes are no where near the LSV shape.

My 2017 25LSV crushes both boats in every catagory: Value, overall size, Wake/wave shape, capacity, drivability. Honestly, I'd even take a G25 head-on for sheer size of my wave/wake.

Edited by JustinHarrelson
2 hours ago, Chattwake said:

New MC is going to have skulls and biceps everywhere, with 100% hydraulic diamond encrusted billet speakers.   There's no wakeboard racks, but racks for bumper plates only and the tower doubles as a smith machine.  The glove box has an optional ATM, which can be used to dispense those CASH REWARDS brah!

Gonna be named the FleX-Star.

#gamechanger

Where do I sign? 

2 hours ago, JustinHarrelson said:

I ordered my 2018 23LSV yesterday. There are quite a few changes. One is overall weight.

I'd be comfortable stacking my 2016 23LSV against a G or an SA any day. The wake size is very comparable, but where the the LSV kills them is ridability. Gs and SAs are great for certain tricks, but as a whole they are very difficult to ride well. 90% of expert riders will ride better behind my LSV--All developing riders will. G wakes are steep and the lip obscures the landing pad. The transitions on both wakes are no where near the LSV shape.

My 2017 25LSV crushes both boats in every catagory: Value, overall size, Wake/wave shape, capacity, drivability. Honestly, I'd even take a G25 head-on for sheer size of my wave/wake.

I find with the wedge I can make a steeper "nautique" wake.  One rider in our group owns nautique and says it duplicates his wake.  Granted, he doesn't own a G though. 

3 hours ago, JustinHarrelson said:

What made you go 25lsv to 23? Most people don't get smaller...

3 hours ago, JustinHarrelson said:

Based on some of the sneak peeks we've seen on TMC I'm really excited for the official reveal of the new 2018 23 LSV. I think I want one but my wife will kill me and I'll top out at just over 100 posts on TMC which would be tragic. Maybe if I order it in the exact same colors as my '14 she won't notice, my life will be spared and I'll hit 200 posts before the next thing comes along that I have to have there by putting my life in my wife's hands again.

• Like 3