Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

12 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I agree and have said the same thing on here multiple times. I forget what thread was most recent. Maybe I/we have blinders but I feel like it would be a very easy thing to trial in the search for making the best surf wave. So that's why I feel they have tried and there is a reason it's a fixed position.

I wonder if @martinarcher has any inputs.... I read many of articles before I decided on gosurfassist.

11 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Eh... I disagree. I used to subscribe to this theory cuz I read it hear from time to time. So much so that in my 2016 Exile build I skipped the walk thru speakers... not to save money (6.5's are cheap and I already had plenty of amp to drive them), simply because I was too lazy to cut those holes!!  I told myself all season that i wasn't missing anything. 

This year I decided to install them.  But i still hate cutting out those damn holes so I procrastinated until the end. I listened to the rest of the system for a week without them. Then one day I decided it was time to just get it over with. So I cut the holes and in they went. I could instantly hear a difference from the drivers seat. Now I will never skip them again. 

Are they the ideal spot acoustically speaking?  Maybe not. Nothing about a boat is. But nobody can tell me they don't make a difference. I'm sure it helps that mine are getting well over 100 watts each. 

Ironically, I'm writing this post FROM the captains chair!! 

IMG_7515.PNG

Good to hear. Your right maybe I should have said not the best location for them. I know when I had my 4 8" behind me tuned right up my drivers seat staging was definitely lacking. Probably could have tuned the 8" down and the 6.5 walkways up and maybe it would have been better but who really wants to tune 4 speakers down! Lol. 

Get of tour phone and into the water ixfe. 

8 minutes ago, wheelman said:

Good to hear. Your right maybe I should have said not the best location for them. I know when I had my 4 8" behind me tuned right up my drivers seat staging was definitely lacking. Probably could have tuned the 8" down and the 6.5 walkways up and maybe it would have been better but who really wants to tune 4 speakers down! Lol. 

Get of tour phone and into the water ixfe. 

Already knocked out 40 miles in the water today. Just pulled up to the house boat when I posted that. Now it's BBQ time!!

and we're in agreement... soundstage is lacking when compared to a nice auto setup

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, AndySC said:

Can I only upload one photo at a time? This is crazy, I have tons of photos from Inland Boat Company's new 23 and other boats that I would like to share. 

Photo Jul 25, 11 41 15 AM.jpg

upload some more pics.  How about some pics of the various under seat storage locations, the inside of the rear lockers, under the glove box...  Do the seat backs in the bow fold up and open like the MXZ???  Come on now, let us see...

• Like 2
8 hours ago, wheelman said:

Still have the useless walk way speakers I see. When will they learn that you can't hear these and the staging is terrible for the driver. You know the  one spending the 100k

They do make a difference.  I did a stereo delete and full exile system on my last two boats, left out the walk way because I didn't think they make a difference, once added back in, there is a difference

• Like 2
17 hours ago, AndySC said:

Can I only upload one photo at a time? This is crazy, I have tons of photos from Inland Boat Company's new 23 and other boats that I would like to share. 

Photo Jul 25, 11 41 15 AM.jpg

I need that Bimini, wonder if it will fit in the existing pistol slider on G4 towers? Anyone know?

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Anybody still think this boat looks like an Axis?

Nope. :no:

especially with the new axis gel scheme. Which we can only assume will transfer over to each model year by year.

I can maybe see why people think it on THAT boat because it only has 2 gel colors. Something Axis is stuck with. 

15 hours ago, IXFE said:

Eh... I disagree. I used to subscribe to this theory cuz I read it hear from time to time. So much so that in my 2016 Exile build I skipped the walk thru speakers... not to save money (6.5's are cheap and I already had plenty of amp to drive them), simply because I was too lazy to cut those holes!!  I told myself all season that i wasn't missing anything. 

This year I decided to install them.  But i still hate cutting out those damn holes so I procrastinated until the end. I listened to the rest of the system for a week without them. Then one day I decided it was time to just get it over with. So I cut the holes and in they went. I could instantly hear a difference from the drivers seat. Now I will never skip them again. 

Are they the ideal spot acoustically speaking?  Maybe not. Nothing about a boat is. But nobody can tell me they don't make a difference. I'm sure it helps that mine are getting well over 100 watts each. 

Ironically, I'm writing this post FROM the captains chair!! 

IMG_7515.PNG

With these newer setups, is there room to mount a speaker up on the dash again like in the old days?  That set up a terrific sound stage.  Maybe even get some of these speaker guys to design a unit with the tweeter mounted on a swivel so you could kindof get the auto type setup where the woofer fires straight up into the windscreen and the tweeter can be angled and directionally pointed (like A-pillar tweeters in your car).

3 hours ago, Capdoogie said:

Any pics of the side under seat storage areas?   Are they as big and deep as videos shows them for surf boards to fit?

No, I crawled through a new 23 today and the video is very deceiving. I like the boat and will water demo one, but have reservations about the tranny ratio and prop choice.  

I've notice on some pictures they've moved the heater vent locations. I've seen one low by the drivers feet and 2 on the drivers seat base to supply the seating area. Seems like a great move. Not sure if there is still one on the walkway? 

1 hour ago, thtrog said:

No, I crawled through a new 23 today and the video is very deceiving. I like the boat and will water demo one, but have reservations about the tranny ratio and prop choice.  

What is the ratio and the prop they have gone to?

A few other things I noticed in the video without seeing one in person yet. If you see anything more, I'll add to the list.

They have finally pointed the rear set of 8" cabins forward so the driver can hear the stereo he paid $$ for.

Sub kick panel like the MXZ, no custom sub box now?

REV10's on Wetsounds brackets. 2 pair only even though Build a Boat allows 1 pair.

Bimini mount and size.

Heater Outlets in seat bases.

Bigger trash can and lid.

Glove box.

Center Drain/Pump access hatch is different.

Wakeview rear bench seat. Under seat storage gone.

Rear transom seat cupholders moved to the sides. More angled back of boat and locker hatches.

Rear Seadek walk over runway.

Seadek on seat bases.

Deeper engine storage tray.

L-Shaped rear ballast tanks with PnP monitors.

Over the top hinges on seat bases.

Deeper under seat storage.

Bow side storage gone.

2 hours ago, wheelman said:

What is the ratio and the prop they have gone to?

No change, was hoping to see 2:1 tranny / 17" prop or at least the option to order it. I'm sure it will be fine for most, but why not go with a proven combo that's already in the lineup? 

Remember when we used carpeted seat bases as a selling point...it makes it quieter...makes it more plush...  now,  we excited to not have them.  

Personally, I like it better without.  Good-looking boat!

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

A few other things I noticed in the video without seeing one in person yet. If you see anything more, I'll add to the list.

They have finally pointed the rear set of 8" cabins forward so the driver can hear the stereo he paid $$ for.

REV10's on Wetsounds brackets. 2 pair only even though Build a Boat allows 1 pair.

Bimini mount and size.

Glove box.

Rear transom seat cupholders moved to the sides. More angled back of boat and locker hatches.

Seadek on seat bases.

Bow side storage gone.

Fold down steps at rear seat 

Batteries relocated to bow

Wind block storage over batteries 

Bimini mount and size.

Glove box.

Seadek on seat bases.

Bow side storage gone.

Bow seat backs fold up and open like MXZ.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Bimini mount and size.

Glove box.

Seadek on seat bases.

Bow side storage gone.

Bow seat backs fold up and open like MXZ.

2 hours ago, thtrog said:

No change, was hoping to see 2:1 tranny / 17" prop or at least the option to order it. I'm sure it will be fine for most, but why not go with a proven combo that's already in the lineup? 

They are changing the power plant in 2019.  Why mess with the tranny and prop this year...