Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

New Rev10 mounts look good compared to the shelf system. But I can't tell if they allow rotation of the cans.

edit: Rev8 and Icon8 still get the shelves, and Rev10's are only available as TWO pair. No clue why. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, IXFE said:

New Rev10 mounts look good compared to the shelf system. But I can't tell if they allow rotation of the cans.

edit: Rev8 and Icon8 still get the shelves, and Rev10's are only available as TWO pair. No clue why. 

$$$

The area on the speakers where it attaches to the bracket looks rectangular. Which would make me think there are at least 2 connections points. So, probably no swivel. 

1 hour ago, Sailvi767 said:

When you demo the boat take a really good look at all the wiring, through hull fittings, hose clamps and general build quality. The last one I looked at over a year ago did not impress me. I handed the dealer a  handful of screws and washers I picked up as I looked through the boat. No zip ties however! To be fair the boat I looked at five minutes later was a G23.

If you looked at a 16 the 17 is way cleaner in wiring and the 18 is even more refined. I'm sure you could find a srewdriver and wrench in a Malibu floor to go with those screws from the centurion. 

Edited by wheelman
3 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Won by .02 not .2 

MXZ had a 4.82, RI had a 4.80 and the M235 had a 4.62 then the G23/5  had 4.54 and 4.56.  

But a win is a win.  

How about that the 24 MXZ beat out the centurions RI in a surfing contest...... how can this be 

17 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

How about that the 24 MXZ beat out the centurions RI in a surfing contest...... how can this be 

I agree a win is a win.  It wasn't the wave that lost though..... it was the boat itself, the RI there was a full custom monster energy design so i can easily see how it got beat there.   Wave wise it won, bone stock while competing boats had lead, bow bags etc....

Here is monster boat....very polarizing...love it or hate it, not much in between. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Nope!! Tried it once with a 650lb Sumo bow triangle, and didn't like it.  Ask @Stevo or @The Hulk... the wave is better without it. I don't mind if somebody sits up there, but most of the time the bow is empty.  

For reference, I'm running the custom Wakemaker sacks in the locker plus several clicks of wedge so it's not like I'm running light back there.  Boat is surfing at 3500 rpm with the 2:1 trans and stock 17" prop. Bow rise is minimal... (see below)  

IMG_6845.JPG

Big wave or is that a short hobbit surfing?

• Like 3

But.... I was in the new 2018 ri257 with the new vinyl interior and it kills BU's interior.  Even my wife who's a diehard Malibu boater dropped her jaw entering that boat.

@Stevo The dash itself is not bad.   Its different, its like using 2 monitors at work, fantastic concept.  The original software was tragic!  The latest version is much better, all of the artifacts are gone, its much cleaner.   It is still not quite as intuitive as the BU or Nautique.  There are things where it excels at, and others not so much.

Black and neon green gator step, not my cup of tea.  Screw caps in certain areas, is just out of place,(these are gone for 2018).  

But we digress again, back to the 23LSV....  

Edited by DarkSide
46 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

But.... I was in the new 2018 ri257 with the new vinyl interior and it kills BU's interior.  Even my wife who's a diehard Malibu boater dropped her jaw entering that boat.

I thought the same about Tige the other day.  That RZ2 interior really looked good to me, but then again... I love diamond pattern...

I don't get why people who own centurians.mastercrafts ,nautiques  sit in a Malibu forum and comment about their boats or things they don't like about a Malibu  ..geez ..if I owned a BMW and bought a merc I wouldn't  visit the BMW forum again ..what's the point !!!!!!  

We don't care about other brands and if we did we would visit those forums !

but seriously what keeps bringing u back to the Malibu forum ?? 

Malibu has been outselling everybrand for years !!! So they must be doing something right ..the numbers do the talking ..