Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

Functionality wise, that rear step over on the MXZ looks better than the seadeck pads on the LSV?  I think I like the looks of the MXZ better than this LSV as well.  

What's the better surf boat between the LSV and MXZ?  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bamabonners said:

Functionality wise, that rear step over on the MXZ looks better than the seadeck pads on the LSV?  I think I like the looks of the MXZ better than this LSV as well.  

What's the better surf boat between the LSV and MXZ?  

2017 24 MXZ v 2017 LSV?  MXZ

2017 22 MXZ v 2017 LSV? I do not know, prolly a toss up.

2018 MXZ v 2018 LSV?  Unknown.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Crew size?  LSV is going to be bigger behind the windshield, MXZ bigger in the bow.  We almost never get someone to sit in the bow, so cabin space behind the windshield is more valuable to me.  

We said the exact same thing coming from a 23LSV.  The bow is NOT desirable on the traditional boats.  However, once we got the MXZ lots of people love sitting up front now.  Also, don't forget the difference in size between the 22mxz and the 23LSV in terms of length isn't that different.  The rear cabin size is closer than the past, so if you haven't sat in both recently you should check them out.  The difference feels like about 6-8" to me.  No one in my crew could even tell a difference and many have said the 22mxz feels bigger because we actually use the bow.

I also like that the MXZ has plenty of space for lead in the nose with the compartment and a bigger front tank.  No triangle bag needed, where my old 23 always had a bow sac.  Loved both boats, but my next boat will most likely be another MXZ.  The walkthrough (EVERYONE loves) and the bigger front are nice.  The look isn't quite as nice, but my wife got over that quickly due to the things I mentioned in this post.

4 minutes ago, tjklein said:

We said the exact same thing coming from a 23LSV.  The bow is NOT desirable on the traditional boats.  However, once we got the MXZ lots of people love sitting up front now.  Also, don't forget the difference in size between the 22mxz and the 23LSV in terms of length isn't that different.  The rear cabin size is closer than the past, so if you haven't sat in both recently you should check them out.  The difference feels like about 6-8" to me.  No one in my crew could even tell a difference and many have said the 22mxz feels bigger because we actually use the bow.

I also like that the MXZ has plenty of space for lead in the nose with the compartment and a bigger front tank.  No triangle bag needed, where my old 23 always had a bow sac.  Loved both boats, but my next boat will most likely be another MXZ.  The walkthrough (EVERYONE loves) and the bigger front are nice.  The look isn't quite as nice, but my wife got over that quickly due to the things I mentioned in this post.

I said the same thing for years!  People like the bow, if it doesn't have a bag in it and its available.  We have someone in the bow almost every outing at some point.   

The other one that is surprising me is how much the center rear facing seat gets used.  Even when there is only a couple people on the boat that has become "prime real-estate".

20170707_124446-1612x907.jpg

9 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Crew size?  LSV is going to be bigger behind the windshield, MXZ bigger in the bow.  We almost never get someone to sit in the bow, so cabin space behind the windshield is more valuable to me.  

Are you sure?  I have been looking at these two boats and a couple of dealers have told me that used to be the case but when they redesigned the 24 MXZ for 17 the cockpit area is now about the same size as the LSV.  That wasn't the case pre 17, the MXZ was 6" smaller.

9 hours ago, tjklein said:

Agreed, the kids and their friends always love sitting in the bow. One of the reasons I am considering the MXZ.

On 7/16/2017 at 8:18 AM, Capdoogie said:

Not to take over thread, but now that the surf craze has taken the boating world over. It's time for a surf specific boat.  Meaning it does one thing great, surf.  If you want to wakeboard or ski by a different model.  .   No xtra ballast bags needed, ls3 or LSA engine to pull the weight,  quick fill. Etc.

Isn't this what Centurion is basically doing?

I like that they did not go with the walk through. Wife and kids love laying out on the sun pad!  That would have been a deal killer for my hopeful upgrade this year.  I love the idea of the walk through...would be nice if they had a removable pad like in the bow of the VLX.  Removed when people are boarding/leaving and in place when underway.  

11 hours ago, Chappy said:

Are you sure?  I have been looking at these two boats and a couple of dealers have told me that used to be the case but when they redesigned the 24 MXZ for 17 the cockpit area is now about the same size as the LSV.  That wasn't the case pre 17, the MXZ was 6" smaller.

@CharlieBeaU was asking about the 22 MXZ not the 24.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, ctvandy23 said:

I like that they did not go with the walk through. Wife and kids love laying out on the sun pad!  That would have been a deal killer for my hopeful upgrade this year.  I love the idea of the walk through...would be nice if they had a removable pad like in the bow of the VLX.  Removed when people are boarding/leaving and in place when underway.  

Nautique offers this option.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

THIS BOAT NEEDS THE 1400 LB ENZOS......the SICKNESS

yes needs Enzo's or you need to add an #800 in the floor with the #900's

• Like 1
On 7/22/2017 at 10:01 AM, Sailvi767 said:

Nautique offers this option.

I got those cushions in my 2015 G23.  The way that Nautique creates the walkway means that those cushions are about 8-10 inches thick.  They were so big that we never felt like bringing them along because they clogged up the storage space.  I thought I might just always leave them in place, but it still means that there is a division between the hatch cover, the cushion, between the cushions and on the other side.  So all of those gaps made for awkward stepping to get back in the boat.  We never used them.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

18 hit my lake this weekend.  I didn't get to look at up close because they were pulling tubes...true story!

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.  I get it for the kids, but in an '18 before it even officially launches?  Ugh

• Like 2

Looks very deep.  Pic 6 shows the platform very submerged, I wonder if this is purely stock ballast.  Factory ballast is at 1680lbs

Edited by saxton15