Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GPH Surfing with SG

RevWil

I take delivery next month of my 22 VLX with a 410 (it has the Torque Prop 2249). It has quad tanks and 1100 PNP. I will add between 400-650 in the bow. I sold my 2010 VLX in 2015 but it didn't have SG. I'm forecasting my summer budget and would love to hear from others what their calculations are. Excited to get back on the water again!! Also, any 22 VLX advice for dialing in (we will have regular and goof riders)? 

Wil

<><

I have not really paid attention to the exact burn on my VLX. It's not out of line with other boats but not as good as some boats running 17" props with a 2 to 1 tranny. 1100 lbs I suspect will be to much weight in the back unless they are a custom sack that go up under the cockpit seats. You will certainly need the bow sack if you run that much weight. If you are operating at a lower altitude I would get a 2277 prop and try it out. The engine has the torque to carry the higher pitch.

Lots of people are running the 2277 on the LSV without issues. It will help with the fuel burn. The 2249 will top at 38 in the VKX. You will see 42 with the 2277. I surf with 800's in the back and a 650 bow sack. Usually just 2 or 3 people in the however. The 2249 might be needed tith 8 people but so far the 77 works for me.

• Like 1