Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 Wakesetter LXI price range

CarRamrod

I inherited a  rarely used 2003 Wakesetter LXI a couple years ago.  I used it a good bit  that first summer but have only used it once in the past 2 seasons.   It stay in my garage and im ready to have that space back.   I have been doing research and ive seen prices of similar boats listed for 18k-24k.    Is this the correct price range for a boat like this?

Edited by CarRamrod

I would say that is the correct range for a Sunsetter LXi of that vintage, depending on condition, color scheme, options, etc. The hull remain unchanged from 1999-2004 and is an awesome crossover boat with primary emphasis on skiing. The Wakesetter package bundled together a few options that were also available on the regular SLXi. (wedge, tower, center ballast, IIRC) 

This guy has a VERY high opinion of his. http://www.onlyinboards.com/2003-Malibu-Sunsetter-LXI-for-sale-Lake-Havasu-City-Arizona-62430.aspx

1 hour ago, John I. said:

I would say that is the correct range for a Sunsetter LXi of that vintage, depending on condition, color scheme, options, etc. The hull remain unchanged from 1999-2004 and is an awesome crossover boat with primary emphasis on skiing. The Wakesetter package bundled together a few options that were also available on the regular SLXi. (wedge, tower, center ballast, IIRC) 

This guy has a VERY high opinion of his. http://www.onlyinboards.com/2003-Malibu-Sunsetter-LXI-for-sale-Lake-Havasu-City-Arizona-62430.aspx

It does sound clean but not at 31K. Anyway, check out the cool little cars on the shelves in the background !

Steve B.

Thanks guy.  Yea I wouldn't say it is flawless but it is in great condition.  Has front ballast, tuna tower, custom trailer I guess I need to pull it out, give it a wash down and take pics.  Are there better places to post ads besides Craigslist and boat trader?

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, CarRamrod said:

Thanks guy.  Yea I wouldn't say it is flawless but it is in great condition.  Has front ballast, tuna tower, custom trailer I guess I need to pull it out, give it a wash down and take pics.  Are there better places to post ads besides Craigslist and boat trader?

I would also post on onlyinboards.com and ski-it-again.com.

Take really good pictures of everything. I bet you sell it within a week or two.

I'd just start posting on Craigslist and the forums.  I've had more luck there than boat trader or OI. Take lots of good photos.  I don't understand that guy trying to sell his boat for a premium price with one photo.  I listed 15 or 20 for the last boat I sold. 

Good deal. Thanks everyone.  I'm gonna pull it out of the garage and wash it up one one these days when It is dry enough. South Louisiana has has some rain this year.  

Looks like I may be selling my 2001 SSLXI, how much off off the 18k-24k range would you guys take off for a couple of years older than CarRamrod's 2003?

Clean boat, always garaged, Skylon tower with speakers, tower mounted bimini, tandem trailer with spare, boat buddy, manual wedge, Perfect Pass, factory shower, custom cover, fresh water only (never in the Delta) located in Northern CA.  If I recall, about 300 hours.  Quagga mussel free :)  white/black/tan

NADA value is extremely low.

ahopkins22LSV

If the boat is in great shape you are going to be at the top end of that price range IMO. For a SSLXi 2001 or 2003 doesn't really factor into the price that much if I had to take a guess. People want the hull and the interior layout so you should do good in selling it.