Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski wake 22VLX vs 21VLX

Mike185

Great info on the VTX, but I am on Lake Winnipesaukee and it gets pretty ruff, my wife wants to be able ot go out at any time of the day, but I want to ski.  Any info on the wake for skiing behind the 22 VLX or 23 LSV?  Sorry for all the questions!!!

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Great info on the VTX, but I am on Lake Winnipesaukee and it gets pretty ruff, my wife wants to be able ot go out at any time of the day, but I want to ski.  Any info on the wake for skiing behind the 22 VLX or 23 LSV?  Sorry for all the questions!!!

Keep your RLXi for dawn patrol and buy a used 23 LSV to be the Suburban. 

Diamond hull 22 LSV here. Just don’t do it. My slalom stick has been retired since I bought the boat in ‘16. It is not a crossover. I really wish I’d done a 23. Then I could go find a slalom boat from the 90s and restore it for fun. 

14 minutes ago, Slurpee said:

Diamond hull 22 LSV here. Just don’t do it. My slalom stick has been retired since I bought the boat in ‘16. It is not a crossover. I really wish I’d done a 23. Then I could go find a slalom boat from the 90s and restore it for fun. 

Seems like you could still do that with the 22, no?  :)

11 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Seems like you could still do that with the 22, no?  :)

Yup. Let me be more clear. That’s my fault. I wish I’d got a 23 because it’s a better wake sport boat than the 22. The 22 isn’t the crossover my ‘01 fakesetter was by a big gap. I’m always trolling for the right unicorn slalom boat fixer upper. 

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, canderson said:

If you are skiing 34mph -32 on your response and you are cutting with at least the intensity I was in my video I don’t think you are going to be happy with anything but a vtx. My vtx handles rough water wayyyyyy better than my TXi. As good as a 23? Probably not, but I doubt I could find a good spot to ski the 23 like I Ski my vtx. Unfortunately you’ll probably have to demo for yourself to see if the ski wake is ok for you as there isn’t a ton of info out there for that slalom setup. Please every skier prefers something different.