Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 21 VLX Hard Tank Configuration/Capicity

Scott1969

• 2 weeks later...

I called Malibu for the answers. Port rear hard tank 29 gallons, Starboard rear hard tank 25 gallons. Center tank 36 gallons. Bow hard tank 41 gallons.  One gallon of water = 8.36lb

3 hours ago, Scott1969 said:

I called Malibu for the answers. Port rear hard tank 29 gallons, Starboard rear hard tank 25 gallons. Center tank 36 gallons. Bow hard tank 41 gallons.  One gallon of water = 8.36lb

Are you sure the Bow was 41 and the center was 36?  Did they change the configuration because I always thought that the center tank was bigger than the bow?

2 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

Are you sure the Bow was 41 and the center was 36?  Did they change the configuration because I always thought that the center tank was bigger than the bow?

agreed - the 22VLX had a 500 lb center tank and a 350 lb front tank.  Guessing it is a 350 lb in the center and a 300 lb in the front (give or take a little - I did the math in my head)

The tech guy at the Malibu home office took it straight off the build sheet that listed the parts for a 2017 21' VLX. He could have messed up. Who knows.