Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fishing from your Malibu?

sounddude03

When it comes to boating, my dad and I are exact opposites.  He loves to fish and I love to surf.  He gives me crap all the time about how he can't believe that I don't have a fishing pole on my boat.  I just tell him that as soon as he lets me put over 3,000 lbs of ballast in his fishing boat, I'll put a fishing pole in mine.  :biggrin:

I haven't done it off my own boat. But I know several who do. I've never seen anyone have problems with stink, blood (catch & release) or torn upholstery (would probably only be a $50 repair anyway). Its just something else to do on your boat.

Building a casting deck in the bow would be cool & easy to do, without permanently modding the boat at all. Go from trolling to skiing to surfing in minutes!

P1100402.JPG

• Like 3

I refuse to duck hunt out of my Malibu's though! I don't want to spoil my dog and he is also a slob! come to think of it, It would be easy to drape some camo material over the tower to make a blind...... Hmm, does Malibu offer gelcoat in Mossy Oak Shadowgrass?

Chaselowrez.jpg

15 hours ago, jbcanski2 said:

It was great to see my teenage daughter with a fishing pole in her hand instead of her precious phone. She started screaming when she caught the first fish of the day. LOL!

Vac_lorez4.jpg

Vac_lorez3.jpg

That's the only reason you need right there...!

3 hours ago, Fffrank said:

You're buddies with Jared Allen?!

Negative.

3 hours ago, Malibuzer said:

This boat was auctioned off I believe to support wounded Warriors.  I may be wrong.

It was supposed to be auctioned off but the insane price tag meant it never sold.  He bought it off the lot for substantially less than asking.  It has every option under the sun and more. 

7 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

This was a buddy of mines boat and every year we talk about making a video duck hunting out of it. 

That is a cool boat! 

17 hours ago, jbcanski2 said:

I keep fishing gear in my Response and VLX. Have had some good times before using it too. Funny story....Years ago I was between barefoot sets on the Brazos River fishing off the swim platform of my Response with my barefoot suit still half way on. I was in the midst of several high end bass boats and I landed a 7.5 lb. bass in front of them. The looks on their faces was priceless. One guy said "weren’t you the guy that went by us going backwards with no skis a little while ago?" I said yep and told them I am proof that ski boats don't scare the fish away! We all got a good laugh out of that one. We had a great time using the fishing equipment this past summer on Lake Ouachita waiting out some rain showers. It was great to see my teenage daughter with a fishing pole in her hand instead of her precious phone. She started screaming when she caught the first fish of the day. LOL!

Vac_lorez4.jpg

Vac_lorez3.jpg

You should just go fish off that MasterCraft in the background.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind :thumbup:

Fishing and any fishing gear is banned on any boat I have owned in the past, present and future.  I don't like fish/fishing.  I have been asked many times and make it very clear there isn't a chance in hell fishing will occur.

I have always said my boat is not a fishing boat! My wife freaked out when I told her this after we bought it. She didn't understand "ski boat". Now I'm starting to reconsider that position. Fish carefully from the platform, catch and release, no big deal. Kids and I are spending more quality time creating memories on the boat!

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, powderjay said:

Get busy livin! don't sweat the small stuff you'll be much happier.. 

But but but, if a shoe touches my boat the earth will stop revolving around the sun and we will all float out into space!!!!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Fishing rods and shoes:cry:

And kids?!?!?! :Frustrated: 

Never mind the fish; kids are dirty, loud, smelly, irresponsible, calamitous creatures by themselves. 

Edited by RedOwl