Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AWESOME Wet Sounds Customer Service

Wake1977

Agree Murphy, Cory @ WS was never rude to me at all and was very friendly in taking care of everything.  And I wasn't whining only asking if anyone else had ever seen this and what my response was. 

WS has made what I believe is the right call and has gained a customer for life by doing the right thing.  Big thanks to the WS Team !!! 

What bugs me about this thread is I'm the sucker when in the same position as the OP calls the manufacturer and asks how much for a replacement, pay them and move on.   

Someone smarter then me needs to come up with a system that rewards the easy customers instead of rewarding the difficult ones.

• Like 2

From the Horses Mouth:

“the entire issue seems to be there was a defect on a cover.  Whether the cover was given away for free in the beginning or the original guy just didn’t care as much as this guy. But its so far back, no one knows for sure. WS always does what it can to make the customers happy.  Even if that means, occasionally helping someone out that is out of warranty or not the original owner. It just proves that WS goes above and beyond”

28 minutes ago, nlouthan said:

The technical term for what happened:  EXTORTION 

I disagree.  Extortion is too strong a word. Premature Social Media leverage would be a better description.

The OP would probably have gotten the same result had he emailed the picture to WS.  Looking at the pic it appears to be a pretty obvious manufacturing defect that the previous owner never discovered or did not care about.  The fact remains that WS did screw up when they made the cover and they did fix it.  Good for them.  A lesser company might not have done the same.  End result is that, at least on TMC, the company's reputation has been enhanced and the OP got the right cover.  Sure, he probably should have sent the pic before posting, or the WS rep should have asked for one, in which case the title of the thread would have been AWESOME from the start.

Hey,

It occurs to me that one of the t-shirts I got 3 years ago from themalibucrew.com for being a Chief now has a tiny hole in the armpit - could someone please help me reverse this injustice?

I've got a laundry list of little hidden defects/problems that I've come across while working in different areas of my second hand 2012 Axis.  Wonder if I throw a public fit if malibu will repair them for me?

2 hours ago, Wake1977 said:

Well I don't think WS would send out blemished anything.

They do not as a regular retail item. However, there are times where blems or demo/display products do come about. They may be sold at a discount or given away free as might be the case with a misprinted logo on a suitz. 

if a misprinted suitz was packaged and sold as new retail and then found by buyer, it would have been exchanged no problem. years later by 2nd boat owner, I agree with their original position. 

4 hours ago, Murphy8166 said:

Or maybe someone else at WS saw the thread and made an executive decision... We all have boses that can pull rank over our head at any time.  Also - posting a picture sure helps versus some guy just calling and saying "one is messed up / so send me some for free"

I know for fact the WS reads these forums and they really do care about what folks think.  I'm sure that Cory was just trying to be cautious from the start - nothing wrong with that.

Best I can tell, Corey is new.  I got him the other day and had to have an answer from one of the OG's.  He's given a standard and it may be hard to deviate from that without permission. 

I'm with the 2 year old Malibucrew shirt guy.....  My CTSV has worn tires because some a**hat did burnouts before I got it.  Maybe I'll call Michelin and complain about it. 

I'm really blown  away that someone can say that WS's customer service is horrible.  I've been with them for about 10 years.  To this day, they are THE best company I've ever used.  They have a genuine care for dealers, consumers, and anyone else in the industry.  They don't snipe sales from dealers or go behind others' back.  They also don't care about numbers, like another big manufacturer you guys like does.

Edited by jonyb

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around a non-customer complaining about bad "customer service."  I--perhaps wrongly--assumed to attain "customer" status you actually had to buy something from the vendor.  

Well there u go!   Looks like Nancy got exceeding service!   I'm impressed.  If wetsounds is regularly reading a forum for boat nerds, that is a commitment to the industry.        I think that a company who responds to complaints and resolves issues deserves praise!   Wetsounds must be the total package!