Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AWESOME Wet Sounds Customer Service

Wake1977

So I will start off by saying that I picked up my first 2015 23 LSV over the holidays, to say the least I am super excited to get out and ride.  Once I got the boat home, I found a few covers for the Wet Sounds Speakers ( Hidden in the rear lockers), once installed I found that one had a logo that was upside down.  After contacting Wet Sounds Support, I was told (by Cory) since I bought the boat used that there would be nothing he could do for me.  I replied even those its your advertisement still nothing you can do and he told me no.  Has anyone else seen this before or could it be for a different set up?  I know its not a big deal because it still does the trick just looks funny.  Any info can be helpful...Thanks

Cant seem to get the picture to post at this time, will keep trying.

Edited by Wake1977

Mine were like that too on my old old vlx.  Guessing you have the G3 tower?  The speakers are mine were mounted on the their side so the the covers were up side down as well.

Let me get this straight. You did not buy a product from wetsounds and you are complaining about their customer service? If you had hoped to disgrace wetsounds by bringing your views to a public forum you are definitely not winning.

• Like 3

upload the pic to a host like photobucket and copy/past the URL or whatever. Id like to see the "correct" logo and the upside down one. I find it odd that original purchaser did not address an upside down logo when they were first opened. 

I don't think in this instance that wetsounds is really deserving of being bashed online for not having customer service.   I do however feel that ws missed an opportunity to exceed in customer service. I'm not sure the price of a speaker cover but I do know that marketing isn't cheap or easy.   Taking this complaint as a gift and sending out a new cover may have been a better marketing strategy.  I'd think the value of a new customer spreading the word about how awesome ws is exceeds the cost of the cover and a negative Nancy, jk lol. 

Did you contact the person or place you purchased the boat from to get the facts on the item?  I keep all of my receipts for my boat and plan on passing that paper work on when I sell the boat.  Do you have a receipt from WS?  Could it be a 3rd party cover with WS name/logo on it?

We have many top notch stereo vendors discussed on this site.

My wife got me the WS neoprene covers for Christmas two years ago and we had a zipper handle break. Without question they sent me a new cover. 
Personally I have had amazing customer service from them. 

I agree with the others, it's a used consumable product.

For all we know it was a manufacturing blem that was sold as is at a discount or even free as part of a package deal. 

So just to set the record straight, I am not bashing WS or their product nor was I wanting anything for free.  The neoprene covers are not the issue as it works flawlessly and seems to go on a speaker that is mounted on the top of a G3 tower and not a G4 tower ( as I have ).  I was asking them if there was anyway that I could trade out the speaker cover for one that is right side up, that's when the customer service guy said it was 2nd hand stuff and they wouldn't do anything.  If it were my business and someone wanted to trade something out that wasn't defective to get the logo right side up id swap it on in an instant.  And I also am not sure why this wasn't addressed by the original owner as the boat was custom ordered.

3 minutes ago, Wake1977 said:

So just to set the record straight, I am not bashing WS or their product nor was I wanting anything for free.  The neoprene covers are not the issue as it works flawlessly and seems to go on a speaker that is mounted on the top of a G3 tower and not a G4 tower ( as I have ).  I was asking them if there was anyway that I could trade out the speaker cover for one that is right side up, that's when the customer service guy said it was 2nd hand stuff and they wouldn't do anything.  If it were my business and someone wanted to trade something out that wasn't defective to get the logo right side up id swap it on in an instant.  And I also am not sure why this wasn't addressed by the original owner as the boat was custom ordered.

Now you are just wheels off...The title of you thread is WS Bad Customer Service!  How is that not bashing???

By the way...what business do you run?

Their customer service was bad, why would you not replace a cover so the logo is right side up and getting the right attention?  And I own several HVAC locations, and if my sign were upside down I believe I would replace it.  Again was only asking if anyone else had ever seen this before.

Can the picture be viewed ?

Their customer service was bad, why would you not replace a cover so the logo is right side up and getting the right attention?  And I own several HVAC locations, and if my sign were upside down I believe I would replace it.  Again was only asking if anyone else had ever seen this before.

I will admit...that sucks - and beautiful boat by the way!

Maybe you can approach WS and see if yall can work out a deal...Maybe not free but maybe not full cost either.

5 minutes ago, Wake1977 said:

It can be if you get the right link. 

20161231_101814_zps6dspxcrs.jpg

Thx man, truly excited to take it out and ride behind it !!!  I contacted Malibu first and they referred me to WS so I guess either way their logo will be upside down...lol

Just now, Wake1977 said:

Thx man, truly excited to take it out and ride behind it !!!  I contacted Malibu first and they referred me to WS so I guess either way their logo will be upside down...lol

I would just burn it to the ground, can't imagine going out in public with it like that.  (Jeebus)

• Like 3

Since the covers where "found" later and you didn't know they where included, just stuff them back into the hole where they were stored and buy new covers.

The thread title suggests either retaliation for not getting your way or creating leverage in order to get your way.  

I agree that the original owner likely never paid for blem covers. That situation could have been rectified a long time ago for the PO. Did you go to the trouble of contacting the PO on this subject. Wetsounds likely never charged for the covers or didn't charge for the replacements. If this is the case then perhaps Wetsounds has learned a lesson by giving away a blemished product. No good deed shall go unpunished.   

• Like 3

Well I don't think WS would send out blemished anything.  Not sure who knows who at WS but I just received a call from Cory @ WS and they are sending me a new cover for the speaker.  Issue resolved 1000% and Great Customer Service !!!

Well I don't think WS would send out blemished anything.  Not sure who knows who at WS but I just received a call from Cory @ WS and they are sending me a new cover for the speaker.  Issue resolved 1000% and Great Customer Service !!!

So a vendor caved because someone was whining unreasonably in a forum.  Bad precedent to set.

Just now, oldjeep said:

So a vendor caved because someone was whining unreasonably in a forum.  Bad precedent to set.

Or maybe someone else at WS saw the thread and made an executive decision... We all have boses that can pull rank over our head at any time.  Also - posting a picture sure helps versus some guy just calling and saying "one is messed up / so send me some for free"

I know for fact the WS reads these forums and they really do care about what folks think.  I'm sure that Cory was just trying to be cautious from the start - nothing wrong with that.