Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm so overwhelmed

mxfever090

That Pyle amp is a pyle O junk and the specs are a pyle O crap. This is right off the pyle site

2 x 150 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohm

2 x 300 Watts MAX @ 4 Ohm

2 x 500 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohm

150W rms @ 4 ohm where as amazon has it at 300W rms. I seriously doubt this amp will deliver more than 50W rms. Sad part is, when is sounds like chit and distorts from the chap amp, false power specs and cheap blue tooth, guess who gets the blame............Kicker. Can see it know, "these speaker suck, blah blah blah". 

Pass on that crap, and get a quality amp like the Kicker KXM400.4. And purchase from a reputable source that actually know boats and knows the products. that add shows exactly what amazon or that 3rd party knows about marine audio. Take this advice and you wont be searching the net for every little install, setup and tuning tip. 

Just now, shadetreefab said:

I got four of them on my tower, they work great for only costing me 150 a set. Already had pods and amp.

What pods did you have? Did you have to open up the cutout to get the KM8 to fit? the few different pods ive had experience with, prior to Kicker releasing their own pod, the opening had to be enlarged. Its quite a job on an aluminum pod. 

Just now, MLA said:

What pods did you have? Did you have to open up the cutout to get the KM8 to fit? the few different pods ive had experience with, prior to Kicker releasing their own pod, the opening had to be enlarged. Its quite a job on an aluminum pod. 

I've done it.  With the right tools its about 5 minutes each.  But you gotta have a nice barrel shaped stone grinder.

Had four bazzoka oval tower mount pods, just had to drill new screw holes, they sound good but are not the best looking. Did it last summer. I did just find a dual 8" pod. Got a set on the way to mess with. Getting started now so I'm good for summer.

48 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

I've done it.  With the right tools its about 5 minutes each.  But you gotta have a nice barrel shaped stone grinder.

Ive done about a dozen. Had to remove about 1/8" around. Would have been a week of sundays with a drum stone. I found a jig saw with fine metal blade worked best. The issue is taping off the pod to not scuff the pods finish. Made a jig that bolts to the pod using the speaker holes as guide as well as lets the saw slide around on the wood and not the pod. 

I love the Kicker pods but they dont have the same bolt pattern as the illusion, G4 and alpha-Z. 

Thanks guys, glad I asked!

For the inside I ordered 4 of the same kickers just 6.5 because that's all I had room for and a wet sounds BT zone controller.  I haven't picked out an amp yet for them.  My brother has a kicker 12" sub that I'm getting from him but I don't know the specs on it yet.

I really would like the rev 10's for the tower, but was looking into alternatives.  I may sit tight and see if I get a tax return or not.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, MLA said:

new onesIMG_1451_zpsr4kfrqqh.jpg

• 1 month later...

I can't thank you all enough for the help and advice regarding this set up.  I finished hooking everything up last weekend, it's not finalized but but functional.  I'll take photos once its all completed and post them up.

The set-up is

Wetsounds 420BT, this device is absolutely amazing

Two DJ marine audio 5.750 amps

4 - Kicker 6.5 in boats

1 - Kicker 12" comp

2 - Wetsound Rev-10 tower speakers.

1 amp runs in boats and sub, the other amp is bridged running the tower speakers.

This set up sounds absolutely phenomenal!  Clear as can be and LOUD!  I was going to go with a Rev-410 next year but at this point I don't see the need.

I will say I had a nightmare of a deal with Amazon.  I purchased the rev 10's from a place called GPA electronics.  They shipped my package to the wrong place, then jerked me around about re sending it.  Once I finally received my package, 3 weeks later it was some bass controller for a concert amp.  They wouldn't respond to emails and once they finally did blamed the mistake on UPS.  I filed a complaint with Amazon.  It was nearly 6 weeks before I got my money back.  So stay far away from GPA electronics! They also sell under a different name, Loud-electronics, so use caution with them too.

19 hours ago, MLA said:

Even better, steer clear of non authorized dealers. 

very valuable lesson learned.  I ended up buying them from a dealer local to me.  I didn't know I had a dealer so close until after I made the mistake.

• 4 weeks later...