Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Batter Charger - Locations

Murphy8166

Boat is a 23lsv from 2015 and I got a new Pro Mariner battery charger over the holidays and wanted to mount it in a fairly discrete location.  Does anyone have any photos of how they mounted one underneath the big observers seat cushion  maybe even some ideas on where to route the plug.

Thanks!

Murphy

Just now, t a said:

My pro sport is mounted under that cushion just on the seat base next to the walkway, don't have any pics though

I suggest you get your rear out in this cold weather and get some!!!!   J/k Tony - thanks for confirming that is can be mounted there.

Just now, Murphy8166 said:

I suggest you get your rear out in this cold weather and get some!!!!   J/k Tony - thanks for confirming that is can be mounted there.

I was gonna say will be happy to take some pics but it's actually snowing in TX right now lol.  Will be happy to when it's 75 next week

Mine is just behind the flip up observer seat, and I just run the cord out that way since I want that seat open when the batteries are charging for better ventilation.

P5210002.JPG

P5210003.JPG

Edited by oldjeep

On my '10 boat, I mounted the charger where OldJeep did. For the plug, I ran it to the walk through pocket. My '16 had the Perko mounted in the pocket, not sure where your's is on the '15.

The most cost efficient way is to just buy a 25ft extension cord. Plug it into the charger's AC with some dielectric grease in the terminals. Cut the extension cable to length and wire the three leads to the shore power outlet. Now, there are a couple styles of outlets that dont require splicing stripped leads to it, they just pinch down on to your male AC plug. I dont like these. Ive found them to not hold well and the male plug will push out the back when you plug in your extension from the house. I like the Mainco outlet best.

• Like 3