Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wake foil.... WHAT?

itznowonder

"Foil"....."check" :)

"Board"....."check" :)

"Impact vest"....."check":salute:

"Helmet"....."check" :biggrin:

"Insurance"....."check" :biggrin:

"Waiver forms"....."check":rtfm::whistle:

"First-Aid kit"....."check" :rofl:

"Defibrillator....."check" :cry:

4 hours ago, Vettesetter said:

Of course, I'm sure the concern of decapitation far out weighs the foil fall off, but at these lower surf speeds ,(as opposed to air chair speed) the chances of survival would have to be better. 

giphy.gif

• 2 months later...

My wife just bought me a slingshot wakefoil for my birthday.. got up right away and the feeling is amazing.. Best yet.  The foil does not look to be as sharp as the air chair, but I would find it hard to fall on it.

Edited by WakesurfOhio

I was on one last weekend with a pro wakeboarder and a rep from ss. The ss rep was very helpful. Got up 2nd pull with the 15" mast. It's a feeling that's hard to describe. It's sidento side direction is crisp. My problem was when you are starting to get the board out of the water I looked down and was like yep. Im off the water surface. Super cool. Id say after a little seat time it wouldn be second nature. Worth the $$$?????? Absolutely!!!!! Now I did get tossed off it like I was on a trampoline also.

I bought one at the boat show and had my first go on it yesterday.  Like skyler said its absolutely amazing!!!!  I found it very tricky but after a dozen spills or so started to get the hang of it.  

• Like 1