Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amazing & Awesome 2016

waketheworld

So proud to be a part of the Wake the World family.  The day I can afford to purchase a Malibu will be that much sweeter when I know I can share the love and joy of the water with kids who may never get that chance if it weren't for this program.  Every time work is a long day, or a long week... Or something goes wrong, it is always awesome to come back to my office and see the smiles of those kids from our event.

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/MFizell/media/WaketheWorldpost_zpsri7qjpex.jpg.html

Edited by BadgerBoater55
  • Like 2

I to feel blessed to be part of this event. It's an amazing thing that Greg and wake the world coordinators have done all over the country. I look forward to spring each year but now I have another date to look forward to wih equal enthusiasm. Thank you waketheworld for what you have accomplished. You have touched so many lives and it's not just the kids and their families. 

• Like 2

I, too, am thankful for Greg for getting this started years ago, the amazing people who have participated and grown this event over the years and the new friends I've made by hosting 2 and attending 2 of these events so far and will be continuing to do so for years to come. We have so many amazing stories of the smiles generated and fun that was had. Truly makes every penny of what we sink into our amazing boats worth it!

So...my only question is who's next?

2016 collage.JPG

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13781674_1220630811314385_943133783035393077_n.jpg?oh=b748e9d62cde6b76e8f91994d5a79c0a&oe=58E28D0A

Wake the world is an amazing event Our Leadership Team here in Kansas City is very grateful for everything Greg has done.  If you havent had a chance to get involved in WTW yet it truly is an amazing event.  There is tons of support if you dont have an event in your area and would like to start one.  A highlite of my summer every year and for many years to come. 

• Like 3

I tell you this, Im so glad I got the courage to step out of my comfort zone and my little world and take a chance to start the first Wake the World in Oregon.  Because of that one decision we now have 5 events all over the State of Oregon.  Over 600 kids have a chance to be spoiled, pampered and loved.  Ya it's just 1 day a year... But I know this! these kids get to forget about their painful situation and those awesome memories will help them get through the next day ,month and year! So get involved! I could never have imagined that it would have impacted so many people this much! 526901_704275512934509_1400684603_n_zpsz

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 4
52 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I tell you this, Im so glad I got the courage to step out of my comfort zone and my little world and take a chance to start the first Wake the World in Oregon.  Because of that one decision we now have 5 events all over the State of Oregon.  Over 600 kids have a chance to be spoiled, pampered and loved.  Ya it's just 1 day a year... But I know this! these kids get to forget about their painful situation and those awesome memories will help them get through the next day ,month and year! So get involved! I could never have imagined that it would have impacted so many people this much! 526901_704275512934509_1400684603_n_zpsz

Thanks for leading the way, V!

• Like 1

Anyone in Wisconsin, please PM me for details on our event. Also, if you will be at the Milwaukee Boat Show on the 20th, it would be great to meet! I may even have a t-shirt in your size from our event last year :Tease3:

Edited by BadgerBoater55
On 1/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, Kalamazoo said:

I, too, am thankful for Greg for getting this started years ago, the amazing people who have participated and grown this event over the years and the new friends I've made by hosting 2 and attending 2 of these events so far and will be continuing to do so for years to come. We have so many amazing stories of the smiles generated and fun that was had. Truly makes every penny of what we sink into our amazing boats worth it!

So...my only question is who's next?

2016 collage.JPG

It was my first year involved, I participated in both MI events, it was a great experience and I cant wait to do it again next year!

• Like 4

We road tripped to WV this year to help out Clint Suggs with another boat and some extra hands - it was a big success and was fun to venture outside our OH event to meet some new folks!  Looking forward to a repeat of OH and WV in 2017!

-- Mike

20160725_121400.jpg

20160725_123731.jpg

• Like 2

Wake the World - Madison, WI is planned for the first week of August.  Either August 1st or August 3rd!  Just so those of you who need to put in vacation days can get these in and cancel one after we lock it down!  More details to come in the next week hopefully.

WOW!!  I'm glad to see all of the positive heartfelt  responses. I have not been on here since I started the thread.

As we get dates for 2017 I will be updating the website. Any locations that are listed near the bottom of the list with no date at all have been discussed but have not happened yet. I put them on the list so that I can get those that are interested in contact with each other and help make things happen. So, if you are interested please contact me through email so that I can get you in the loop in the planning process.

Arranging an event and getting these kids out on the water is one of the most gratifying things I have ever done with my life! I am so glad that there are so many others that share that same feeling with me. I feel like, it is my purpose in life to make it as easy as I can for others to start an event. We have made it possible to host an event without raising any money! WTW pays for the insurance, your boat drivers bring their boats full of gas, you can tell people to pack a lunch. Everything beyond that is a bonus. It is all about the shared experience in the boat with kids that have likely never been in a boat. The joy is contagious!