Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Rig

Slayer

So I've been driving Ecoboost F-150's since they came out in 2011.  I've been a fanboy and have admitted it here before.  The last couple of trucks I've had have been leased.  Today I just purchased a 2016 F-150 Lariat, fully loaded, and need to prioritize improvements.  Here's a pic.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh594/cpasseri1/2016 F150_zps6xstjt3u.jpg~original

This is the order of things as I plan them however I have some bathroom remods in the new house (post divorce new house that is) that need to get done before I dump money into a depreciating asset.

1. Tint
  2. Level Kit
  3. Tires & Wheels
  4. CAI
  5. Exhaust

I don't think I'm going to put a tune on it.  I don't like the potential problems.  Keeping it stock with an intake and exhaust plus the other mods is about where I think it will stop.  I'm planning on keeping the truck for quite some time and it will get driven hard with lots of miles, north of 35,000 annually.

All opinions welcome.

ahopkins22LSV

It is a great looking truck! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

One honest question though. Has anyone here or know someone who has put an exhaust upgrade on an ecoboost? I am all for having a nice sounding exhaust on a truck as I have one, but it has always been on a V8.

Link doesn't work. Mod list looks good! I got mine 2 weeks ago and plan to do some of the same. 

This should be it though....2016%20F150_zps6xstjt3u.jpg~original

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 3

Can't get the photo link to work, which is probably good. The fully loaded F150s are amazing. Definitely have more stuff on them than any "supercar" featured in car and driver during my formative years.

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

It is a great looking truck! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

One honest question though. Has anyone here or know someone who has put an exhaust upgrade on an ecoboost? I am all for having a nice sounding exhaust on a truck as I have one, but it has always been on a V8.

I wouldn't put an exhaust on an EB.  There is a reason they pump V8 sounds in through the stereo.

Sweet truck my friend.  I love the colors. 

I would put an exhaust on it.  There's something that doesn't sit well about fake V8 noise through the stereo. 

I'm sure others have done it.

• Like 2

Ecoboost with aftermarket exhaust =  a wet fart with no underwear. 

I wouldn't be sacred of a mild tune tho. Just don't get radical. Look into 5star tunning. Another thing , on the leveling kit, make sure it's one that does NOT increase the effective length of the strut assembly more than 2" . Anything more than that and you run the risk of damaging cv boots and the IWE's if you do ANY driving that allows for full droop of the front suspension. The best bet is a new front shock /strut assembly that has adjustable spring seat locations and keeps the effective length of the strut the same. 

Agreed. We fix a ton of them.... not sure why they really fail so often either... Some trucks never have issues and others have repeated issues,  just a lame system really. They are almost always "on" which means released , unless you are in 4wd. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MalibuNation said:

Boz it stands for Integrated Wheel Ends:ford:

1 hour ago, Bawshogg said:

Integrated Wheel Ends, or in laymans terms..... hublocks, vacuum assisted.

Thanks, I am familiar with hub locks.

Ram has had the same issue with "leveling" kits on 4wd vehicles.  Not a real surprise since the CV angles are set intentionally and just jacking up the springs puts them at the wrong angle.

Edited by oldjeep
5 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

Agreed. We fix a ton of them.... not sure why they really fail so often either... Some trucks never have issues and others have repeated issues,  just a lame system really. They are almost always "on" which means released , unless you are in 4wd. 

Just took mine in to determine a groaning noise while turning right. Determined the IWE to be the problem. They are going to replace the lines first, and if that doesn't fix it, the hub seal itself. It's a 2013 with 120k on her. First real issue I've had. 

3 hours ago, Bozboat said:

thats the shizzle 

black with metal flake?

i think 2016 is last year for that color

2015 was last year for black metal flake. 2026 they changed to Shawdow black. 

On 12/31/2016 at 6:33 PM, Bozboat said:

thats the shizzle 

black with metal flake?

i think 2016 is last year for that color

They call it shadow black.  It's not metallic, but still looks good.