Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

STOLEN: 2014 23' LSV. Alberta

Deibs

Had the boat stolen Dec 20, between 3-5 PM. From my driveway in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. 

I was up in northern Alberta working and wife had stepped out to go shopping. So I'm guessing whoever grabbed it was casing the place for a bit. Talked to some neighbours and she noticed a blue truck around 5 pm. Wife had just left around 3:30.

As you can see by the picture it's rather different and well driving a boat around this time of year would be odd. Not sure what to think of it?

31747920716_11fd666811_c.jpg

Any info PM me.

Edited by Deibs
  • Like 1
Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Damn that sucks and I am sorry to hear. Unfortunately if it hasn't been found I would think after 10 days it is probably gone for good. Hopefully your insurance covers everything.

+1  I am thinking someone is dismantling it as we speak!  Otherwise its being put into a shipping container and going out of country.  Good luck hope I am very wrong!

Insurance is giving 30 days so 20 to go before the fight begins for how much they pay out. Alberta has been brutal the last couple years for thefts with oil crashing and it doesn't seem to matter bolted down or not they're gonna take it. I joked that I should have taken off the swing hitch but brother made the point they would steal a hitch somewhere else and bolt that one on to steal it.

That really sucks, I hope it's found. 

Just found this gps tracker that uses cell service, $25 dollar annual fee. Totally worth the investment for safe keeping of the boat. 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B015ZASEG6/ref=mh_s9_acsd_top_bk37x5_c_x_9_w?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-3&pf_rd_r=D5ZA71BQCD8HK7VRZA6P&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=02120a56-721c-58f8-9b97-2f794a6c857d&pf_rd_i=680457011

that sucks but thank god for insurance...  I will keep an eye out for anything down here in Seattle but not likely.  There was a Malibu stolen down here awhile ago and the guy got busted because he was trying to sell the interior on Craigslist.

That sucks man.  I had a car stolen once. It's a pretty terrible feeling. Not only is your stuff missing but then you have to fight the insurance to get a replacement.  I had terrible car insurance then, it's supposed to be way better now but I've never tested my new company by filing a claim.  Hopefully it works out ok one way or the other.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

That sucks!  At least it was just your boat in your driveway and they didn't go in your house. My relatives just had their house robbed a few weeks ago. Kicked in the front door and took everything of value including all the xmas presents. Neighbor saw activity and scared them off just a couple minutes before niece got home from school. Scary to think about people in your house. As long as everyone is OK that's the main thing. Possessions can be replaced. 

Still thinking about it. It can't be used near you. No one is that dumb.

Chop shop? I just dont see anyone taking the time to try to part it out. If they did, it would have to be nearby. Driving it anywhere would be a huge risk. If they did try to part it out locallly, they would be busted quickly.

Lots of scenarios possible, but I still think the most direct is someone wanted it badly. Bad enough to kidnap it, or pay someone to do the dirty work. 

Again, very sorry this happened. Best of luck to you in resolving this quickly and fully.

Steve B.

17 hours ago, wheelman said:

Who are you insured with? Do you not have it insured for a set amount? 

Through Aviva - NautiMax. It's getting hard to find places to insure boats like this.

It's insured good but don't know how much that matters, they will phone Sask Motor Sports and get the value SMS would pay to use in negotiations. The same song and dance I had when my VLX got crushed in storage. That was a rough year for storage places and hockey rinks (Sylvan Lake Rink)!

3 hours ago, Deibs said:

Through Aviva - NautiMax. It's getting hard to find places to insure boats like this.

It's insured good but don't know how much that matters, they will phone Sask Motor Sports and get the value SMS would pay to use in negotiations. The same song and dance I had when my VLX got crushed in storage. That was a rough year for storage places and hockey rinks (Sylvan Lake Rink)!

Is that dons old boat from wizard? I suggest if you get a next boat you try portside marine insurance, wizard recommends them to everyone and they are great. I have mine insured with them for a set value that does not change and they were almost half the price of everyone else. Good luck and sorry for your loss. 

By Don do you mean Ron? Ron had ordered this LSV but never used it (someone was going to buy it), he was riding a G23 in the mean time. So I grabbed it from him after he put the work into all the extras :)

10 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Chop shop? I just dont see anyone taking the time to try to part it out. If they did, it would have to be nearby. Driving it anywhere would be a huge risk. If they did try to part it out locallly, they would be busted quickly.

Lots of scenarios possible, but I still think the most direct is someone wanted it badly. Bad enough to kidnap it, or pay someone to do the dirty work. 

Steve B.

There was the new Axis stolen from the dealer's lot in Tennessee a year or so ago.  There was a thread about it on here.    It was found a month later with all of the insides stripped out.  I do think that it is most likely being dismantled as we speak.  

Edited by TallRedRider

Not sure if you've done this or not but it would probably be worth it to put this up on some other fourms, Nautique, tige, wakeworld. It's amazing how easily things can be spread.

• 3 weeks later...