Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Vlx tower question

ssbeckwith

My wife and I are buying our first Malibu, and I have a question. The boat doesn't have the surf gate transfer lights, I'm planning on put some kind of LED on it. Does anyone know if the towers come pre-wired?

Thanks

Chris 

ahopkins22LSV

That is a good question and I don't know for sure. I am 99% sure they come pre-wired for tower speakers so it might. Which tower is it? The G4 opens up quite easily so running new wire wouldn't be bad at all. Not sure how much of a PIA it would be on a G3.

The G4 is the only tower with the lights in it that I know of, but I honestly don't know that they do much.  I have done the transfer and the beep sound is very loud behind the boat so I think you will be able to time it out right.

They do not come prewired for lights. You will need to run the wires and use relays but you will be able to hook into the mtc to control the lights and then they will work with the surf gate