Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat + New Location = Big Change for IXFE

IXFE

#3 is my favorite. Maybe AWS could drop ship this last one to Dallas for you just for 'ol times' sake. 

Congrats on the new opportunity and good luck with the move.

ahopkins22LSV
55 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Those look sharp, but I wonder if they're going to go through the same issue some previous colors have.  Like in the 90s, teal boats were all the rage, but you couldn't give them away earlier this century.

Which ones are you talking about? I could see that on the lime(Malibu) green ones.

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, UWSkier said:

Vapor blue.  And Orange before that.  And Teal before that.

Yeah I could see that. I hope not, but could see it. It is bright, but I don't think it is quite in the same category as the teal / maroon combo.

Like the first and the blue best.. from what I've seen to me the lime greens are either a hit or a flop.. risky.. 

I personally hate anything with a lot of red. I don't know why but Every boat I've seen with red seems like the gel fades out way faster than any other color.. so I've always assumed red gel is cursed in sun.. and TX has a lot of sun and much longer seasons!

Anything with that sparkling strat blue is amazing! Try a white bottom and white tower!

Oh and welcome to the 25 club!?

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1
On 12/30/2016 at 11:36 PM, Steve B. said:

Next, we'll be seeing towers with flake !

Steve B.

Centurion already has a gel panel you can get to match the tower to the boat.   I wonder if you can get that panel with flake?

21 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

those matching wheels are pretty dope too.

The cool thing is the color matching insert, goes into "base" wheels, so it's only ~$150 or so vs. $3k for the 18/20" wheel upgrade.

The blue charcoal is an awesome color combo

Edited by DarkSide
On 12/30/2016 at 3:04 PM, IXFE said:

The top one is BADASS!!

I do worry about the longevity of the lime green and vapor blue. Black/silver/red is sharp and timeless

I like the bottom one with charcoal silver and blue the best.  Good luck on the move!

Edited by sunvalleylaw
Just now, Pnwrider said:

It didn't look that purple...

Oh really...???

So here's a story for you... I'm at neighborhood New Years Eve party.  The subject of my next boat comes up. The neighbors love to speculate about what boat will show up at IXFE's house next. So I start showing them all my designs.  Mind you, there are more wives paying attention than husbands. So one of them asks... "Since you may be hanging onto this one for a while longer, what's the sickest Malibu you've ever seen?" 

So then I say, "Oh that's easy" and I whip out this picture... the M235 I demo'd at the factory.

15DA4588-C3F8-45E0-9B91-A3B7B40B36B6_zps

Then a different lady says, "Didn't you have a purple boat last year??"

Ugh... any chance of doing charcoal metallic on my 2017 died with that comment.

14 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Lol - sorry I called it purple too.

Don't be sorry... it WAS purple!

I'll say it on the record... Malibu's charcoal metallic flake definitely has a lavender tint to it. 

See what happens when I venture away from black/silver/red...??

59B86A9E-5B1A-415D-8992-4AE969C223C6_zps

#foolmeonce

Edited by IXFE

^^^What wheels are those on that trailer? Or at least brand/size?  They look VERY similar to a set of wheels I'm looking to get for my truck and would be cool to match!

4 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Don't be sorry... it WAS purple!

I'll say it on the record... Malibu's charcoal metallic flake definitely has a lavender tint to it. 

See what happens when I venture away from black/silver/red...??

59B86A9E-5B1A-415D-8992-4AE969C223C6_zps

#foolmeonce

Only in certain lights though, otherwise that flake looks fantastic.

The morning pic by the dock with BS driving also had the lavender hue.