Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat + New Location = Big Change for IXFE

IXFE

2 hours ago, racer808 said:

Out of curiosity, how busy are the Dallas area lakes?  That's a lot of people surrounding those lakes

They are like most other lakes out there...fine on weekdays and fine before noon on the weekends.   

Congrats.  I am bias but for me the black and red's are #1. Black red and gray are looking good. Just don't forget to take them boots off before boarding and tuck the stetson before coming up to speed!  ;)

4 hours ago, wdr said:

In "Oregon" I would go with #1 ALL Day but in "Dallas" I think you might have some regrets come July and August. I have a friend with a 247 with the black on the upper deck and if you had your eyes closed you could tell when you were getting close (like 10' away close) to his boat from the heat coming off of the front of the boat and that is in TN! I think I would have to agree with SD, I am kind of digging the green and silver.

OK... so this post has me spooked.  I can't see myself ordering a white boat  

Is a darker boat really going to be an issue in Texas heat?  I've always taken my dark boats down to Shasta heat without issue.

Years ago there was a salesman from Texas Mastercarft who used to post their inventory boats on Wakeworld.  They were almost always black based boats with some color accents.  

As far as water spots... I never understood this argument. Water doesn't discriminate; it spots all boats equally.  Just because you can't see them as easily on some colors doesn't mean it will bother me any less.  Regardless of color I will always strive to remove the water spots.

@Ronnie your last boat was darker. 

Talk to me Texas peeps... 

• Like 1

Congrats on everything!

The new 25 will be awesome.  I vote number 6.  I was thinking number 7, but the black metal flake on top will be a scorcher in the Texas sun.  

I am not sure about your obsession with a black bottom.  It will show everyone where you slide onto the bunks.  

ahopkins22LSV
58 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Is a darker boat really going to be an issue in Texas heat?  I've always taken my dark boats down to Shasta heat without issue.

Years ago there was a salesman from Texas Mastercarft who used to post their inventory boats on Wakeworld.  They were almost always black based boats with some color accents.  

As far as water spots... I never understood this argument. Water doesn't discriminate; it spots all boats equally.  Just because you can't see them as easily on some colors doesn't mean it will bother me any less.  Regardless of color I will always strive to remove the water spots.

Sounds like you need Vapor Blue on the bow!

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

IXFE, those colors aren't much different than mine.   I really doubt Texas is any hotter than Phoenix.  You will be just fine.  (I just ordered anot almost entirely black boat)

Edited by DarkSide
2 hours ago, IXFE said:

My last boat was Solid Vapor Blue. 2016 was Strat Met and Silver Met with Vapor hull. 3 boats ago it was Red, Black and white hull. No Black on the top of the gunnels. Same as the boat before that. 2017 is Dark Blue Met, Silver Met and white. Taking a chance on the Dark Blue Met but it's only on the gunnels at the bow. I don't let people in the bow when underway (bow sack) so it's not a big problem unless we are tied up.

The real problem with the water spots is on the bottom of the hull. Especially on a lift. You can't reach under it to get those spots off easily. I have fresh water at my dock and rinse the boat when we come in. To get to the hull I use a long handled sponge mop with a micro fiber towel over the sponge. I soak the towel with Hot Sauce and reach as far under the hull as I can get. I can't get past the bunks working from the bow. You put a black hull on there and it's going to be white after a few outings where you can't clean it. It's not like laying under a trailer and cleaning it unless you swim under it to clean it. Most of the Marinas like in your picture use air lifts in their slips. Those are more restrictive than a cable/cradle lift as far as wiping off the hull.

There are black boats here, they just require more maintenance as far as cleaning. The dark interiors will be more of a problem, IMO.

I'd order what you like, if it works for you, order it again next time.

@whatshesaid can give some good insight on having a black Malibu during Texas summers.

I didn't notice anything being hotter than expected when we were out on Labor Day, but that's well passed the peak of summer.

Edited by MikeDe

I like a colored hull. My friend was cruising his 2017 23 lsv towards us and when I saw his white hull, I thought, "That isn't him; his boat is much prettier than that one." But when it got closer, it surely was him. It was the color or lack of that threw me off. 

Edited by bbattiste247

My boat is almost all black and heat is not an issue in the nor cal heat (regularly 105+).  Carpet, swimstep and transom walkway pad all get HOT. My 8 and 11 year olds haven't complained about hot gel. Mineral deposits might be more of an issue in Texas but with proper wipe down regemine, it also is a non issue IMHO. I have bunk scratches and I don't power load. I think that's just part of having a black hull. If anyone has some tips to reduce or eliminate, I'm all ears. Keep in mind, my boat is 4 years old and almost 500 hours and I didn't have them until about 2 years in. Doubt an IXFE boat will will ever see that age, even if he holds onto it longer than normal. 

Welcome to Texas, it was 83* today and all I wanted to do was go ride. 

While it's not a Malibu my current boat is exactly what you've designed in #5 with dark gray interior. I don't find it to get any hotter than other boats of lighter color. Just keep in mind if it's 105 outside even a white on white boat is going to be hot.