Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat + New Location = Big Change for IXFE

IXFE

12 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Nooooooo!  Oregon drivers are the worst. 

That's because they came from California :). 

Don't get me started on WA drivers...

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Somebody's paying attention ^^^

I didn't feel like putting in the effort to circle all of those :lol: 

Just now, IXFE said:

Yes

Ah very cool that you can get down to that detail. Makes me want to order a Malibu trailer. The ones I've used are very nice and they are just the base models. 

6 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Makes me want to order a Malibu trailer. The ones I've used are very nice and they are just the base models. 

Last I checked the new TXI comes with a Malibu trailer attached to it. :yahoo:

doitibetyouwontdoit 

ahopkins22LSV
22 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Last I checked the new TXI comes with a Malibu trailer attached to it. :yahoo:

doitibetyouwontdoit 

Good point, you pay for the TXi and I'll buy the trailer! :Tease3: 

43 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I didn't feel like putting in the effort to circle all of those :lol: 

Ah very cool that you can get down to that detail. Makes me want to order a Malibu trailer. The ones I've used are very nice and they are just the base models. 

Boatmate has been offering those painted metallic lights for a while, my 2015 had them colour matched. Hopefully the Malibu ones hold up better than the boat mate. Mine were peeling from brand new and got worse with time. From what I could tell they were not prepped properly before spraying. 

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, wheelman said:

Boatmate has been offering those painted metallic lights for a while, my 2015 had them colour matched. Hopefully the Malibu ones hold up better than the boat mate. Mine were peeling from brand new and got worse with time. From what I could tell they were not prepped properly before spraying. 

I know you could with boatmate, but didn't know t was an option with the Malibu trailers. 

8 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Looks great! What made you not go with the G4?

I've had G4 the last two years. Love that tower. However,  lots of reasons I switched:

1) I'm not gonna be in and out of the garage every time we go out so no need to lower the tower. That was always the main attraction to the G4  

2) Really like the new handles and locking mechanism on the G3.5.  

3) New base on the G3.5 also looks beefier than G3 and G3.2, which it needed, imho

4) Wanted to go with 6 tower speakers which is impossible on the G4  

5) Kinda wanted to go back to tower mounted mirror 

6) Time for a change. What good is boat flipping if you're do everything the same every year?  I'm always tinkering.  

7) Save some $ since moving up to the 25 wasn't cheap

Anyway, I still got the PTM racks which were my favorite thing about the G4.  And the new G3.5 has a really slick built in LED anchor light.  About the only thing I think I'll miss are the forward facing and down facing LED's on the G4

Other features I added this year that I've never tried:  Anchor lights, surf lights, and third pair of cleats

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

Surge breaks, as usual. Electric brakes are almost $2k option. 

Does anybody order those??

Kinda wish I would have . It would be nice to able to add or control your trailer brake gain and not have them come on as hard under slight braking and it eliminates the "thunk" on acceleration.