Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat + New Location = Big Change for IXFE

IXFE

Sachse/Wiley?  I used to live in Woodbridge and spent many hours on Lavon before I got a membership at Lucky Lake up the road.  

I would personally avoid dark colors on the deck and interior.  A black deck will get hot enough to burn you mid summer.  I skied a set at Princeton lakes one July (also just up the road) and the water and air temp were both over 100.  No reason to add to the heat with a black deck and dark interior.  IMO.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

We've talked about this already but...Talk to a few other members from this area about the dark interiors and gel. Don't know what it is about the dark interior colors but in July-August, they are twice the temp of the surface of the sun. You will have towels spread over the seats with those colors. The dark gel will give you fits with the high mineral content the water has around here.

j/s

My white vinyl is twice the temp of the surface of the sun if I'm not moving for awhile

Dallas Buyer's Club huh?  <------ See what I did there! :rofl::rofl:

Congats on the move buddy! Already jealous of the weather you are gonna have.

I say do it RAW DBC IXFE STYLE... Go #1 on trips.... if not #7 is close second.

3 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

Dallas Buyer's Club huh?  <------ See what I did there! :rofl::rofl:

Congats on the move buddy! Already jealous of the weather you are gonna have.

I say do it RAW DBC IXFE STYLE... Go #1 on trips.... if not #7 is close second.

Thanks, B. I like it!

And yeah, I also keep coming back to #1. It just feels like the boat I rarely see (if ever), and I like being different. 

3 hours ago, skurfer said:

Not sure how I feel about this, you will be missed... when are you leaving?

Don't get me going... if I think too much about it, I start to get real sad. There's a lot of really special people here. And the local boating community has brought so many great relationships into my life... you and Pat are certainly among them. So incredibly rewarding...

Ugh... starting over sucks. I'm too old for this

19 hours ago, IXFE said:

Thanks, B. I like it!

And yeah, I also keep coming back to #1. It just feels like the boat I rarely see (if ever), and I like being different. 

By being different you mean designing the same boat you already had Dave 

19 hours ago, IXFE said:

Don't get me going... if I think too much about it, I start to get real sad. There's a lot of really special people here. And the local boating community has brought so many great relationships into my life... you and Pat are certainly among them. So incredibly rewarding...

Ugh... starting over sucks. I'm too old for this

You're going to be fine.  You're not too old for anything.  Don't let your mind override your ability to persevere.   

I like #4. That lime green and silver flake looks sharp. I bet that would really pop on the water.

I'm feeling a loss from Oregon and here in Sherwood, even though, amazingly, we have never met. I never was able to take you up on the Tri County offer. Hope the move works out well for you and your family.

I think you will miss AWS. Good people there. My daughter worked there for 8 or 9 years.

Congratulations on the new opportunity!:thumbup:  I am envious of the dock and lift setup, how cool for you to just drive your vehicle and drop your boat in the water....gonna be sweet!  I am sure your color choice will be amazing - like always but if I were to vote I would go for #3.

4 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

By being different you mean designing the same boat you already had Dave 

Haha... I meant different than what I see out on the water. 

Sometimes it's fun to take your favorite design and punch it up a bit (bigger model, red flake, etc). 

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, IXFE said:

Sometimes it's fun to take your favorite design and punch it up a bit (bigger model, red flake, etc). 

I would consider the black with red flake taking your favorite design and punching it up to make it bigger and badder too. :)

5 hours ago, IXFE said:

Haha I see Dave ....living on the edge. 

Or to quote @ibelonginprison "living your life 1/4 mile at a time"

Edited by Chrisjjbrown

I'm too lazy to try to build one, but how does #3 look as a two color boat (vapor / silver) with no black?  I guess you'd have to think about how to do the bottom, but I'm kinda with the others on that... do white because it would show imperfections less.  Fact is that a boat in a lift at a "drive to" lake is going to see a lot more of the elements than any of your other boats have being trailered/wiped down/stored right in the garage.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
24 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I'm too lazy to try to build one, but how does #3 look as a two color boat (vapor / silver) with no black?  I guess you'd have to think about how to do the bottom, but I'm kinda with the others on that... do white because it would show imperfections less.  Fact is that a boat in a lift at a "drive to" lake is going to see a lot more of the elements than any of your other boats have being trailered/wiped down/stored right in the garage.

White Hull:

25 White Hull.JPG

Vapor Hull:

25 VB Hull.JPG

I think I like the Vapor hull better but both are nice! Looks familiar too :whistle:

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

White Hull:

Vapor Hull:

I think I like the Vapor hull better but both are nice! Looks familiar too :whistle:

I built that exact combo (vapor hull) when I was playing around on there the other night. 

Those look sharp, but I wonder if they're going to go through the same issue some previous colors have.  Like in the 90s, teal boats were all the rage, but you couldn't give them away earlier this century.