Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Arg! I've been prop'd wrong

tgaugh

So with all the prop threads I decided to investigate mine. I knew I had a 537 there and I have a backup from our 03, another 537. So I actually got down under the boat, not sure why I was doubting, and I was shocked! I don't have a 537, we have an 817!!!! Shocking.gif

After taling with ACME I have learned the prop we have is for the 8.1, which we do not have! ACME questioned why I put it on this boat/engine. I told them it came brand new like this and they were further suprised. ACME has awesome support, you can call and ask the dumbest questions, and they have all the answers. I recommend contacting them for anything you are not 100% on.

Anyway - we're going to be putting the 537 back on. I am guessing this prop was installed at the factory by mistake. Any lookers with an 8.1 in search of a perfect backup 817?

So with all the prop threads I decided to investigate mine. I knew I had a 537 there and I have a backup from our 03, another 537. So I actually got down under the boat, not sure why I was doubting, and I was shocked! I don't have a 537, we have an 817!!!! Shocking.gif

Maybe someone swapped your prop when you weren't looking? Surprised.gif

Check your prop ken :)...I will check on your mom Yahoo.gif

Anyway, I will abstain from further comment on this thread about the boat. But I am anxious to hear on how this will be resolved. Innocent.gif

Edit: Ok, I could keep quiet...see below

Edited by The Garslayer
Todd, I've got a 537 you can try out before you buy one, if you have to buy one.

My hope is that we don't have to buy a new prop and both the dealer or Malibu will resolve. Dontknow.gif I will be really disappointed if not...

Although given this weekend is planned to be major lake activity...I am concerned at how quickly will they respond to our request? We might take you up on that Ronnie...

Also, can anyone help me understand what this prop mistake could cause in terms of performance issues with the boat etc...I mean I would have to believe this could cause strain if operating with inproper equipment?

Todd, I've got a 537 you can try out before you buy one, if you have to buy one.

My hope is that we don't have to buy a new prop and both the dealer or Malibu will resolve. Dontknow.gif I will be really disappointed if not...

Although given this weekend is planned to be major lake activity...I am concerned at how quickly will they respond to our request? We might take you up on that Ronnie...

Also, can anyone help me understand what this prop mistake could cause in terms of performance issues with the boat etc...I mean I would have to believe this could cause strain if operating with inproper equipment?

The engine was working a bit harder, nothing more than that & nothing that it can't handle. As I told Todd via pm, you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised at how that boat will perform with the right prop. Biggrin.gif

The engine was working a bit harder, nothing more than that & nothing that it can't handle. As I told Todd via pm, you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised at how that boat will perform with the right prop. Biggrin.gif

THank goodness...

Thanks Ronnie - I do have a 537 in the garage from our last VLX, I am shipping to ACME to be repired for some curl.

EDIT: That being said, if it's cool - we could use it this weekend since we'll still be propped wrong.

Edited by tgaugh

We have a boat - Heidi's driving all weekend, I am on the PUP list, for you non football types, that's the physically unable to perform.. Crazy.gif

We have a boat - Heidi's driving all weekend, I am on the PUP list, for you non football types, that's the physically unable to perform.. Crazy.gif

I am driving? huh??? Crazy.gif:) Ok, I think I will drive considering your weekend and all :)

anyone, I could care - I have to drive 364 days of the year

HEY!!! at least you get one day off your mom is driven 365 days a year... Surprised.gif

As I said via PM, just make sure this is documented with your dealer. In the unlikely event of drivetrain or engine problems, it'd be a nice little piece to be able to pull out of your pocket...

I'm guessing someone borrowed your prop at the dealership and it got replaced with the wrong prop aka the only one they had in stock, happens all the time with more than just props

What are the specs on the 817? I ddin't see that on the GB list of props. We had a 381 from the factory and switched to a 537 thru the GB.