Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back to the Drawing Board....

Hotsoup

I know some really like the big bow, but in our group EVERYONE seems to want to sit in the back.

They are all nice boats, really don't think you can go wrong.  I would LOVE to have a new 25 LSV, but can't bring myself to spend that much $$$.

The 24 MXZ is an amazing layout, also from what i have heard its Malibu's 2nd best surf boat behind only the M235.  It is also in my opinion the absolute best looking boat on the water right now.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I have been in the 24 and the 22 Both awesome and coming from a 22 VLX I'm getting the bigger boat buzz, They both surfed great better then my 2015 22VLX you cant go wrong with either, 

I agree, the 24 MXZ has a good wave now with minimal PNP (~400-500lbs). Haven't had a chance to try the 22 MXZ yet.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gavin17 said:

So are you going to order a 24 MXZ or take the one from the floor.  

What color?

I'm going to need photos stat.

Not yet, still need to get up close and personal on a water test.  I also need to check out the centurions as well.  I'm trying to be patient!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Hotsoup said:

Not yet, still need to get up close and personal on a water test.  I also need to check out the centurions as well.  I'm trying to be patient!

I'm guessing you're going to nix the Centurions based on the bow alone.

The 24 MXZ bow space is awesome!  The Ri i think is a little wider  than the LSV but not dramatically, like the MXZ's 

Here is top view of LSV vs Ri, should be close in scale but not 100% accurate.  Notice LSV bow center cushion tapers the entire length, the RI doesnt taper until the end.

SnipImage_zps2x8hlidy.jpg

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Gavin17 said:

I'm guessing you're going to nix the Centurions based on the bow alone.

No, not nixing anything until I jump around in one with my wife.  My wife and daughter are in love with that light metallic blue color on the centurion.   I know that might be a nominal criteria but I gotta get everyone on board!

On 12/10/2016 at 6:17 PM, Hotsoup said:

Just a quick update on my 23 LSV vs. Ri237.  Took my wife to Waterski America today during their Customer Appreciation party.  Our Rep, Rusty, did a fantastic job walking us through 4 boats.  24 MXZ, 25 LSV, 22 MXZ, and the 23 LSV.  Needless to say, my wife's favorite boat was the 2017 24 MXZ mainly because of the bow.  The bow is like a queen size mattress, perfect for our kids.  This is an incredible boat, at least on the showroom floor.  My wife sat in the bow of a 25 LSV and abruptly said no way, smaller than our current boat. I now have a bigger predicament.   Anyone been on the water with this a 2017 24 MXZ?  thoughts on this model?

Ronnie - great to meet you and thanks for making the intros today!

Do you guys wakeboard? If so, how much of your time is boarding and how much time surfing?

I really like the plain and simple look. 

http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/brands/centurion-new-boats/2017-centurion-ri-237-4/

http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/brands/centurion-new-boats/2016-centurion-ri237-blk-whi-2/

This one  sorta looks like what @DarkSide but reversed. I personally like it better. Still think the nautiques are way better looking. 

On December 13, 2016 at 9:43 AM, DarkSide said:

I really wish my wife liked Blue.  In the Ri this is awesome!FB_IMG_1481641239650_zpsgwvbqwjc.jpg

And @Dan Lee has one of the pretiest 23LSV i have ever seen!

FB_IMG_1481643174267_zpspi72tdwe.jpg

No wrong choice here... both freakin gorgeous!

@Hotsoup Dans 2016 23LSV is for sale!  

That is a real nice 23, no doubt.  However, I am partial to the sky blue metallic on the centurion.  Not that color should be weighted to highly but it's a damn big motivator for the women in my family!  They freak over the white/sky blue metallic combo in some of the videos you see on the Ri237

On December 12, 2016 at 6:29 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

Do you guys wakeboard? If so, how much of your time is boarding and how much time surfing?

We really don't wakeboard anymore.  My wife and I got busted up pretty good and threw in the towel.   Kids will occasionally but they want to surf, easier for the friends to get up as well.

1 hour ago, Hotsoup said:

That is a real nice 23, no doubt.  However, I am partial to the sky blue metallic on the centurion.  Not that color should be weighted to highly but it's a damn big motivator for the women in my family!  They freak over the white/sky blue metallic combo in some of the videos you see on the Ri237

Color is very important!  For the amount of $ your spending you better absolutly love every thing about it!    So something like this 257?  

FB_IMG_1479160944118_zpshsqgi4mn.jpg

• Like 2