Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If Installing an Aftermarket Heater DYI Are You Able To Connect To The MTC

ncarilli

I have a 2014 24MXZ, I am considering installing a 3 port heater myself.  Would everyone suggest buying the HeaterCraft complete kit or something else?  Best place to order?  Am I able to hook it up to the MTC?  How would I go about doing that?  Any help is greatly appreciated?

yes. I would suggest referencing pages 51 & 60 of the owner's manual-  http://www.malibuboats.com/assets/docs/owner_manuals/2014MalibuOwnersManual.pdf

You can turn on heater output in the Malibu Touch Command (page 60) & then check the circuit for the heater (page 51) for power.  I can't recall if there will be a plug up behind the subwoofer kick panel, but you will likely find a plug up there ready to go.

The wakeboard boats have both control black boxes under dash, so u will be able to do that.

the responses only have a single black box ... the mtc won't allow for it (its in the other black box)

i had to get picky with MAlibu when they delivered my 13 txi with a rocker switch not mtc for heater.

they ended up having dealer install second mtc black box and re wiring the heater. So I know it can be made to work.

i believe the mtc black boexes are marked for what the do, so u should be able to find the correct connection quickly.