Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What brand of tower is on my 98 sunsetter lxi

dakine4321

I am looking to add a Bimini top to my tower for this next season. I have a little boy that will be 2 years old and he loves to be on the boat but we get way to much sun for him. I need to know what brand tower is on my boat so i find some thing that will work right. I am pretty sure that it was silver when it was new but then i think it got painted..... then when i bought it i had it powdered and at that time i don't remember seeing any brand name or logo. this is my 1st post. IMG%5DIMG%5DIMG%5D   

I believe it is Tuna Tower.. However.. you are going to after do a custom bimini or a universal bimini.. I put a universal one on mine.. it is tricky to put and down with the tower speakers

Monster makes 2 styles of Universal biminis:

https://www.monstertower.com/tower-accessories/bimini-tops.html

There are other manufactures that do custom also

Edited by kerpluxal

Looks like a Skyline Tuna Tower. I don't recall the corner braces shown in these pictures but it's been a while since I looked at one. They may have been added to stop the swaying that was a characteristic of those types of towers. This was the tower Malibu used before they went to the "Collapsable" Skyline Swoop Tower and the Titan. Over the top bimini was easiest with tower speakers back then.

Sweet looking ride !  And you included pics in your first post !  Your stock just shot up !  I am looking at getting a towerbimini like John posted above. I'll bet they can hook you up with exactly what you are looking for with a phone call and pics.

I'm looking at getting one too for my 2002. Please let us know what you find out,

Steve B.

I don't recognize the tower. Maybe a Roswell?

I had my bimini custom built based on some pics I hoarded of above the tower biminis that I liked.

Heres a design drawing & Photoshop pic before I pulled the trigger.

biminiplan.jpg

And what I ended up with when it was done.

20130505_144734_zpschs13qra.jpg

Really happy with the result. I'm 6'1" and can stand under all but the leading edge. 

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
Because
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Steve B. said:

Despite that being kinda high, it looks like it provides awesome shade. Thanks for the pic Bill.

Steve B.

Yea, it is high. But we're not running from the sun, just getting a little break from it. My wife would prefer not having it at all. But my bald head loves it. Its a good compromise. Plus it makes the boat easily identifiable from a long way off.

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2016 at 8:37 PM, Bill_AirJunky said:

I don't recognize the tower. Maybe a Roswell?

I had my bimini custom built based on some pics I hoarded of above the tower biminis that I liked.

Heres a design drawing & Photoshop pic before I pulled the trigger.

biminiplan.jpg

And what I ended up with when it was done.

20130505_144734_zpschs13qra.jpg

Really happy with the result. I'm 6'1" and can stand under all but the leading edge. 

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

who made this for you?