Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ram 6.4

Falko

5 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

That is where all my tie down straps go is in the 2 floor boxes.  There is also a ton of storage under the rear seat as long as you don't get the optional sub woofer that wastes about half of it.

I can't listen to kai ryssdal on the drive home without a sub.  It's a no go.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Not sure that Bamaboy could reach into a 2500 Rambox - not really a joke, but since they are top of the bed rail it would be a reach for some people

Haha.  Nice.

Wait, did I miss the part where you tell us that your truck has a lifetime warranty and you will let the other suck take the hit on a new truck?  Or is that coming soon?

HOLD FOR IT.....

2 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

@85 Barefoot, any other options that you really love on these?  

What about the off road package?  It comes with Billstein shocks that probably help with ride quality.  Not sure though.

Mine's a 1500 so option packages are a little different.  But, If shopping for a 1500, get the 3.91 rear end with limited slip.  I'd get the air suspension.  so rad once you see it demo'd and drive it.  Note that is NOT the 2500 supplemental air bag suspension.  ram box for sure.  all laramies come w heated wheel and seats and cooled seats so that covers it there.  The limited interiors are ridiculously cush, almost so cush you'd not want to use it as a truck.  I have a laramie so it checked the boxes for me.  

I I was buying today I'd get a rebel or power wagon honestly.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
24 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Haha.  Nice.

Wait, did I miss the part where you tell us that your truck has a lifetime warranty and you will let the other suck take the hit on a new truck?  Or is that coming soon?

HOLD FOR IT.....

No, I only buy new trucks - although my current 150K mile 2009 does still have a lifetime powertrain on it so I'm going to keep it until it actually costs Ram some money.

3 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Can you tow a 5th wheel with the Rambox?

IMO, if you are towing a 5er, you really should go up to a 3500.  Then you will have much less worries regarding pin weight.

ahopkins22LSV

@bamaboy does the off road package reduce the tow capacity at all with the better riding suspension? Probably doesn't matter with the 2500 but just curious. 

Also, not related to the 2500 but if anyone is in the market for a Ram 1500, I'd wait for the 2019 to come out!

3 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

You can remote lock and unlock Rambox with the key fob??

cant a dealer add rambox to any of them as an option?

Keyless is available on the side boxes but some don't have it. Just like the tailgate.

It's a totally different truck box. As a new purchase from a dealer it would have to come with that option from the factory. Especially in today's market where almost all body panels are VIN tagged. There might be a dealership out there willing to swap one, IDK. If you found the right deal on a used truck without it you could search for one in the used parts market, same as anything.

Edited by jk13
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@bamaboy does the off road package reduce the tow capacity at all with the better riding suspension? Probably doesn't matter with the 2500 but just curious. 

Also, not related to the 2500 but if anyone is in the market for a Ram 1500, I'd wait for the 2019 to come out!

Not sure about that.  I didn't even think about it.  Good point though

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Not sure about that.  I didn't even think about it.  Good point though

Yeah idk the specs of the shocks but thinking about the raptor and how it's off-road suspension doesn't do as well. But could be completely different for the 2500. 

The Power Wagon is a joke for towing something like 6-8k lbs max?  There's a 2017 power wagon review on The Fast Lane Truck.

i would expect to see those numbers from a Raptor 1/2ton..... not a 3/4ton truck.  What actually does the diesel and 3/4 ton chasis get you with those tow/hail numbers?

9 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

The Power Wagon is a joke for towing something like 6-8k lbs max?  There's a 2017 power wagon review on The Fast Lane Truck.

i would expect to see those numbers from a Raptor 1/2ton..... not a 3/4ton truck.  What actually does the diesel and 3/4 ton chasis get you with those tow/hail numbers?

I thought it towed 10K or right around that range

The PowerWagon gets de-rated a little due to some weight in it and suspension, but it is still close to 10k when set up for it. I don't know if that means it needs a WDH, but they still tow a bunch. Their hauling capacity is only like 1500# though, which isn't great for a 3/4 ton. But I think most who buy the power wagon have other interests for having such a truck.

I'm really liking that Rebel with the limited edition tan color.

3 minutes ago, Falko said:

The PowerWagon gets de-rated a little due to some weight in it and suspension, but it is still close to 10k when set up for it. I don't know if that means it needs a WDH, but they still tow a bunch. Their hauling capacity is only like 1500# though, which isn't great for a 3/4 ton. But I think most who buy the power wagon have other interests for having such a truck.

I'm really liking that Rebel with the limited edition tan color.

I know these terms aren't related to anything anymore, but, coincidentally, 1500# is  3/4 ton.

14 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

You can remote lock and unlock Rambox with the key fob??

cant a dealer add rambox to any of them as an option?

absolutely

no

1 hour ago, MadMan said:

I know these terms aren't related to anything anymore, but, coincidentally, 1500# is  3/4 ton.

It got screwed up when the metric system came about...

i'm checking out the RAM on Friday but I did look at this one today.  I must say that I REALLY REALLY like it.  The power of the new duramax is incredible

signal-2017-05-09-183453_zpsblcqnobb.jpg

Within 72 hours I drove a Ram 2500 MegaCab, F250 Lariat and Chevy LTZ...  Diesels

Within the first 30 seconds of driving the F250 which was an hour after driving them Ram - I leaned over to my wife and said - I'll go truckless before I buy a Dodge Pickup...

Thought the Chevy and Ford were vert comparable except Ford has about 2.5" more room in the back...

All three trucks were from $56,500 to $57,500

Just now, Murphy8166 said:

Within 72 hours I drove a Ram 2500 MegaCab, F250 Lariat and Chevy LTZ...  Diesels

Within the first 30 seconds of driving the F250 which was an hour after driving them Ram - I leaned over to my wife and said - I'll go truckless before I buy a Dodge Pickup...

Thought the Chevy and Ford were vert comparable except Ford has about 2.5" more room in the back...

Care to elaborate on why?  LOL

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

The power of the new duramax is incredible

The new ones are powerful, smooth, and quiet.  When I got my '16 2500 Denali, more than one of my friends asked why I didn't get a diesel when I took them on ride because the truck is so quite inside.  Hehe.  And the '17 is supposedly a real beast.  

Edited by jjackkrash
On May 9, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Murphy8166 said:

Pure brand issue or something you didn't like?