Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good Deal? 2006 XTI content

Roush611

Well, seems like 200 hrs on a 2006 is LOOOOOWWW. Probably spent lots of time sitting over the past 10 years. Sometimes low hours IS NOT a good thing.

Not sure what your buddy is looking to get out of the XTI . They don't surf well. Wakeboard wake is intermediate at best and they ski mediocre also .

The post has expired so I can't see the boat and the particulars of how it's equipped, hours .... I have a 2007 XTI and would be thrilled to get $25K for it if I were to sell it. FWIW, it skis well, wakeboards decent and surfs pretty darn good so I'm guessing Bawshogg, that snobbery abounds. It's a great boat for what it is, a crossover do-it-all boat. you know, jack of all trades, master of none.

for surf I have finally dialed in to 400# at the rear walk area, #400 as far back in the walk way as it will go and another #400 under the storage hatch area with a mission surf tab. bow weight I use the ballast already there, really mid ship 500#, I think, plus one person. I run the wedge at 2 or 3 clicks up, depending on rider preference. speed generally around 10.2 - 10.8. water depth usually around 80'.

for wake I run with the wedge set depending on skill level of the rider. most times no wedge because the rider doesn't need it. I ride at 3 clicks up 22mph, 65' line (gets me in the sweet spot)W2W is easy and I get enough air to do a lot...I can't do a lot so it's all good. Me and my friends aren't great so it really doesn't matter, though I've had a pro rider ride behind my boat and he loved the wake as much as my buddies 2003 LSV.

for ski I go to -21 with no worries, had a few at -28  all at 34mph but its my skill level that stopped that, so the wake there is deff good for the average to better but not fantastic skier.

My boat is equipped with 320 LCR, sv23 wake hull, I'm only running the 515 prop so I have lots of wiggle room to change that out for a more 1 sport specific prop, but ski is still what I love the most.(surf is creeping up there as I get older :)) 2 tower speakers that came on the boat, not great. all interior speakers have been replaced with,again, not great speakers. 2 amps, 2 batteries, 4 tower lights that suck and now do not work, interior is impeccable shy of 2 places on 2 different cushions. I have 998 hours on it.New in 2007 we paid $38Kish, so $25K seems steep.

2 hours ago, itznowonder said:

The post has expired so I can't see the boat and the particulars of how it's equipped, hours .... I have a 2007 XTI and would be thrilled to get $25K for it if I were to sell it. FWIW, it skis well, wakeboards decent and surfs pretty darn good so I'm guessing Bawshogg, that snobbery abounds. It's a great boat for what it is, a crossover do-it-all boat. you know, jack of all trades, master of none.

I wouldn't say snobbery, but there are better crossover options.  '01 Sunsetter VLX, '02-'04 Sunscape 21 LSV or '07+ VTX are all going to give you better surf and wakeboard wakes (properly ballasted of course), with equal or better ski wakes.  You can score a Sunsetter VLX or Sunscape for that price (depending on hours/options/condition), though will obviously be older than the '06 and no chance of a VTX in that price range.  That said, price wise if you can deal with it being a DD that won't ski like the Malibu standards (TXi, earlier Response LXi, etc.) and the unique interior layout, it is a great bang for the buck boat.