Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rope / handle kick back product

skistud1

They work fairly well to dampen the rope, and having a rope in good shape with as little stretch as possible helps, too. I used them for years and never had a handle make it all the way back to the boat.

Does this work as advertised? My spotter was hit by a handle this weekend that came flying back in the boat.

http://overtons.com/graphics/products/medium/19231M.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully my son will spot for me after getting catching a handle to the side of his face. Needless to say, I was probably more upset that him.

I was trying to learn to switch from a RTP over to a rear boot setup and I think I put a little more tension on the rope. I will be buying one today.

Edited by skistud1

I've always used one. It will not stop the handle from popping into the boat though so make sure people are aware of the possibility especially at the start. Usually if you pop a handle in the turn, it shoots across the back of the boat. What is does do is help keep the rope from coming forward of the motor box and wrapping around the observer's feet or around the driver's neck. Even with the shock tube, I got a rope burn last week when a friend popped the handle at 34 MPH.

See ya Sunday!

The shock tube keeps the rope from getting wrapped around someones neck. It doesn't do much to keep the handle from coming back into the boat.

/Steve

They work fairly well to dampen the rope, and having a rope in good shape with as little stretch as possible helps, too. I used them for years and never had a handle make it all the way back to the boat.

Does this work as advertised? My spotter was hit by a handle this weekend that came flying back in the boat.

http://overtons.com/graphics/products/medium/19231M.jpg

Huh? You want some stretch in a slalom rope. If you don't have it, it's time to throw it out before you mess yourself up with the hit you'll be taking from the boat on every turn.

Unless we're talking about wakeboarding here.

Mike

I've been beaned on starts many times, both with & without the shock tube on. It won't help on starts with a big guy on the handle that has a lot of lead in his behind.
Gee, I wonder who she's talking about... Whistling.gif

ROFL.gif

Oh I'm sorry, it was slider & your wife that you beaned, not me. :lol: Now that you're getting a ski that is your size, you shouldn't have that problem anymore, right? ;)

No. The ski won't affect his form. :lol:

Oh I'm sorry, it was slider & your wife that you beaned, not me. :lol: Now that you're getting a ski that is your size, you shouldn't have that problem anymore, right? ;)

Dam if it happens again you'll know it's on purpose. Innocent.gif

No. The ski won't affect his form. :lol:

I've worked many hard ours for this form. Crazy.gif