Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying used from Tommy's or Texas Malibu

DirtCity

8 minutes ago, Davidda said:

I am on my second 23LSV from Texas Malibu and they are a great group of people, very honest.  I am up at the house in Austin every other weekend or so and would be happy to run by and look at any boat you are interested in and see it first hand.

Very cool, thanks David! I will let you know. They seemed like a great group of folks when I spoke with them. 

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

Hi IXFE, will definitely be surfing, wake skating, etc. with this boat, but also have some kiddos that would want to tube. Doesn't look like the Axis has the pop up Pylon. Is that something that can be added? Probably not a great idea to try to pull a tube from the tower. Probably a silly question, but thought I would ask anyways :). thanks again for all the help!

1 hour ago, DirtCity said:

Hi IXFE, will definitely be surfing, wake skating, etc. with this boat, but also have some kiddos that would want to tube. Doesn't look like the Axis has the pop up Pylon. Is that something that can be added? Probably not a great idea to try to pull a tube from the tower. Probably a silly question, but thought I would ask anyways :). thanks again for all the help!

Good question... The Axis boats I've been on have had pylons.  But maybe it's an option?  Not sure...

11 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Good question... The Axis boats I've been on have had pylons.  But maybe it's an option?  Not sure...

It can be added. $$$ Not a pop up type, it's there all the time. Tube from the tower. I did on mine. Manual says it's ok! :) 

4 hours ago, DirtCity said:

The owners manual on my LSV says that it is OK to pull tubes from the tower.

I however have never tried it.  Told my nieces and nephews when I bought the boat that pulling tubes voids the warranty, and they haven't pushed the issue....

• Like 2

I can attest to the guys at Tommys Florida.  I bought my 23LSV from them and am actually personal friends with all of the guys over there.  I hang out and ride with the General Manager Wes.  I can put you in contact with him or one of the other sales guys.

12 hours ago, APoko said:

I bought my boat from Tommy's and was absolutely blown away with their customer service!  They totally rocked everything.  I bought a used 2013 24MXZ this spring through their Walloon Lake location in Northern MI.  The boat actually came from their Boulder Colorado location. We identified the boat we wanted based on pictures, specs, colors, options, hours, and they had it shipped all the way up here for me with almost no questions asked.  Our scheduled delivery date was in March and we just happened to have a freak snowstorm the day before my scheduled delivery.  The dealer is about 4 hours from home, so my wife and I both took the day off and had arrangements made for the trip to pickup the boat.  I was in constant communication with my salesman and told him I would not take delivery without having a chance to sea trial the boat, and we were concerned we would have to reschedule.  They made special arrangements to have the boat launch plowed out and we were able to sea trial the boat and keep our delivery date.  Since the boat came from high altitude in Colorado we found during the sea trial that it was propped WAY to low for our elevation.  We then took the boat back to their shop where they swapped out the prop, and re winterized the boat for me!  They have an excellent team of people at Tommy's!

10399797_530335054282_125964511259653025

Great looking boat!  Who was your sales person? Also where do you float that thing most of the time?

8 hours ago, RyanB said:

The owners manual on my LSV says that it is OK to pull tubes from the tower.

I however have never tried it.  Told my nieces and nephews when I bought the boat that pulling tubes voids the warranty, and they haven't pushed the issue....

Hahah nice. My kids won't be ok with that. They love it. My son wants to learn to surf / wakeboard, but will definitely want to tube. 

2 hours ago, mdozois said:

I can't say enough nice things about Tommy's and I've purchased two boats from them.  Ask for Brian Roth, he won't let you down and to the best of my knowledge runs the Denver store.  Brian probably knows of people that are thinking of selling, but may not have actually listed their boats for sale yet.  Sometimes that’s a fantastic way to get a smoking deal, especially when the boat show season hits….  For example, if we go to the boat show it usually ends with us buying new boat and needing to sell our current boat.  This is a common problem for people with new boat syndrome…   I suggest Tommy’s above all other dealers, but that doesn’t mean other Malibu dealers are not fantastic.  You’re doing the right thing by talking to other Malibu owners and I suggest getting in touch with the more reputable dealers to let them know what you’re looking for.   In just a couple months they will know of tons of great used boats. 

Here’s our current ride and our 7th wakeboard boat in the last 10 years.  There are a lot of dumb people like me that buy new boats, keep them in the wrapper and then sell them barely used.   Just be patient and get the dealers working for you.

Boat%20Malibu%20Large_zpsqyuwvcob.jpg

I scrolled down and saw this pic. Rock on mdozois !!

Steve B.

• Like 1

I'm a car dealer so know a good bit about buying and selling. Bought my A22 4 months ago from Clark at Texas Malibu. They did it right and I'm very happy. Love my Axis. Had a bu before but the new fancy ones just aren't for me. Axis is perfect for the "basic" boat we wanted. 

• Like 1

@DirtCity are you opposed to buying from a private seller or are you strictly looking for a dealer?  There are plenty of Axis models that are nicely equipped that are in the $50,000 range without the sales tax.  About the ski pylon, my 14 Axis T-22 has a ski pylon but it does not pop up.  It is stationary.  Since you asked about dealer experience, I purchased from Boulder Boats in Mesa Az, and they are a first class operation. I cannot say enough good things about the group over there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 7:52 AM, APoko said:

I bought my boat from Tommy's and was absolutely blown away with their customer service!  They totally rocked everything.  I bought a used 2013 24MXZ this spring through their Walloon Lake location in Northern MI.  The boat actually came from their Boulder Colorado location. We identified the boat we wanted based on pictures, specs, colors, options, hours, and they had it shipped all the way up here for me with almost no questions asked.  Our scheduled delivery date was in March and we just happened to have a freak snowstorm the day before my scheduled delivery.  The dealer is about 4 hours from home, so my wife and I both took the day off and had arrangements made for the trip to pickup the boat.  I was in constant communication with my salesman and told him I would not take delivery without having a chance to sea trial the boat, and we were concerned we would have to reschedule.  They made special arrangements to have the boat launch plowed out and we were able to sea trial the boat and keep our delivery date.  Since the boat came from high altitude in Colorado we found during the sea trial that it was propped WAY to low for our elevation.  We then took the boat back to their shop where they swapped out the prop, and re winterized the boat for me!  They have an excellent team of people at Tommy's!

10399797_530335054282_125964511259653025

That boat is frikin beautiful 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 9:15 PM, powderjay said:

Great looking boat!  Who was your sales person? Also where do you float that thing most of the time?

Evan Blanc was my salesman, I think he has moved on from Tommy's now though.   

We usully keep the boat on an AirLift at MacRay on Lk. St Clair, but we pull it frequently and take her to our cottage up in Gaylord or bounce around to a few other local lakes in Oakland County.