Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Vride LCR320 missing under load

mkpursehouse

I went out for my 1st run of the season today with my 2006 Vride running a LCR320. It was missing down low under load when taking off but would run fine once up on plane. Where do i start looking?

I have plugs. was planning on changing them. Could the rotor, cap or wires or even plugs cause it to run rough under load down low. I'd have thought if it was any of those it would effect it all through the rev range. Once up & planning it seems ok

51 minutes ago, mkpursehouse said:

I have plugs. was planning on changing them. Could the rotor, cap or wires or even plugs cause it to run rough under load down low. I'd have thought if it was any of those it would effect it all through the rev range. Once up & planning it seems ok

Yes.  Your symptoms point to those pieces in the ignition.  Replace those and you'll be good to go most likely.

If I remember right from my previous Bu (2006 Response, 320 LCR), no rotor, no cap.

Change the plugs, check the spark wires (especially the contacts) and run some injector cleaner.

Thanks for the help guys. As usual the Crew was right. Cap & rotor needed cleaning. Did that & put it back together, went for a run yesterday & all back to normal. I do still have the plugs to change, but figured whilst shes running fine I'd just leave them for now. Glad I didn't race out & buy a new cap & rotor or leads yet. But on that note, when (what hours) should these be changed?

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm on a 4 year rotation for cap, rotor, wires, and thermostat.  I changed them all after I bought my boat primarily as preventative maintenance.  I'd much rather spend a few dollars early than have to get towed and ruin an entire day on the lake due to a bad part.  I'm also doing 2-year replacement for v-drive fluid, transmission fluid, impeller, fuel filter, and spark plugs. 

I do 3 years for everything except wires and plugs.  Wires are still original and plugs once three years ago only to delete platinum's.  Impeller gets visually inspected annually.  Still on #2 with like new #1 in the glove box if needed again.