Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 G23 vs. 2017 24MXZ

Jennifer

So, I take it the Four Winns pulls a tube better?  I asked one simple question and nobody is willing to answer it. I now know how Jennifer feels. :help:

2 hours ago, Fman said:

You can pick a 2016 up at a reduced cost, the local Centurion dealer has plenty of them left that did not sell this year :biggrin:  I agree, have yet to see a new(er) Centurion on any waterway I visit...

You will know when you cross one. As someone in another thread pointed out in the past. Crossing a Centurion wake isn't like crossing any other wake.... having said that I really try to get the word out to watch your wake. In our state you are responsible for your wake. If it causes damage to a dock or harm to a person, you are liable. We want to protect what we love to do so we can continue to do what we love to do. 

1 hour ago, wheelman said:

And boat trader has 12 pages of mostly new 2016 malibus that apparently dealers did not sell either. 

Apples and oranges 

6k in production volume and more dealers compared to 4-500 production volume and fewer dealers

14 minutes ago, skurfer said:

You will know when you cross one. As someone in another thread pointed out in the past. Crossing a Centurion wake isn't like crossing any other wake....

In 3-4 years I will be really concerned but until then...

3 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Apples and oranges 

6k in production volume and more dealers compared to 4-500 production volume and fewer dealers

Malibu sold 3569 boats in 2016. 

Yall Crack me up!

Its end of year,  close out deals are out there,  dealers want/need to dump inventory.   Just a couple weeks ago Hulk was showing us a SWEET 25LSV marked down to 105k, does that mean 25LSV should be an 80k boat because nobody wants them?  Absolutely not,  your seeing issolated cases of dealers DUMPING product.   

Here's the other reality, Malibu/Axis outsells Centurion i would guess 8:1  Malibu has a ton of dealers and has a product for almost anyone.  First inboard, boom 21vls 79,995, more discerning M235 175,000, and everything in between!  You want to wakeboard, pick your boat, you want to surf,  they do that too, and oh yeah some are also ski boats as well.  in contrast Centurion is now offering one boat,  in 3 sizes,  based on how many friends you want to take surfing, and 1 of those 3 has not even hit the streets yet ANYWHERE!  

In markets where they have a decent dealer they will likely do well.   Once people realize these are not simply a redesigned enzo.   I was never a fan of the Enzo.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Cool story bro. 

Not a story. Malibu is a publicly traded company. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to find the numbers bro!

http://investors.malibuboats.com/investors/press-releases/press-release-details/2016/CORRECTION---Malibu-Boats-Inc-Announces-Fourth-Quarter-and-Fiscal-Year-2016-Results/default.aspx

Edited by wheelman
1 minute ago, IXFE said:

Now this is funny.

You do realize what he does for a living, right?

Talking about funny, How would I possibly know what some guy I don't know that lives in a different country than me does for a living. Not sure how I was to interpret his 3 word post. 

Is he a rocket scientist?

Edited by wheelman
Just now, wheelman said:

Talking about funny, How would I possibly know what some guy I don't know that lives in a different country than me does for a living. Not sure how I was to interpret his 3 word post. 

let's just say he knows his way around a 10-K

No offense intended. I just got a chuckle is all.

Just now, IXFE said:

let's just say he knows his way around a 10-K

No offense intended. I just got a chuckle is all.

Damm I was hoping for a rocket scientist. I really don't understand the point to his post then. Kind of sounds like a troll move that you were referring to the frustratinions earlier. Maybe this is wake world. 

Lake Anna is now primarily Centurions for the new boat crowd.

Great boats... a few QAQC issues with the Ramfill gates .... but otherwise very solid boats.

Edited by nyryan2001

We don't even have a Centurion dealer in Michigan.  

I don't think these new models would ever work here.  With the new Ris the draft is 36 inches DRY.  So weight this thing down with 5000 lbs of ballast plus some bow rise surfing and you are probably over 4 feet deep at the prop/rudder.  Most people in Michigan boat in relatively shallow lakes.  These things would be running aground, hitting stumps/rocks and bottoming out left and right up here.  Maybe they would work on some deeper lakes up north but the heavier concentration of money is down south anyways.    

1 minute ago, Fman said:

How many consumers out there purchasing a new wake boat are going after the ultimate surf wave?   There are the 1%ers out there that feel like they need this magical wave to make them a better surfer and not feel disappointed in the surf wave.  I would bet almost ALL people who surf behind a Malibu are more than satisfied with the performance of the Surf and Wakeboard wake. I was in the market again for another boat this year, not once was a Centurion even a blip on my radar mainly because of the price imo is so overinflated I would feel like I got ripped off.  Plus my local Malibu dealer is awesome and I am a Malibu enthusiast who truly believes in there product and also demands a proven boat that does ALL disciplines well.

I don't know the answer to that question and I don't even know if it will work.  All I'm saying is that is Centurion's strategy.  They are basically saying, "we can compete with the big boys because we stepped our game up and have the hands down best surf wave out there.  We have the biggest, baddest surf machine available and if that is what you want, you got it."

Time will tell if it works.....

I will tell you this.  If I lived on big water or simply a deep lake and there was a solid centurion dealer nearby, it would be on my demo list.  

Edited by bamaboy
  • Like 3

This is not some new Centurion strategy guys.  This has been their strategy for YEARS.  And dare I say, they've been the foremost surfboats out there for that entire time period.  It's just an exposure thing now.  Centurion has had healthy growth for a while, it's not just the Ris.  

20 minutes ago, Fman said:

Plus my local Malibu dealer is awesome and I am a Malibu enthusiast who truly believes in there product and also demands a proven boat that does ALL disciplines well.

#Larsonlove :thumbup:

Edited by teamerickson
12 hours ago, Stevo said:

Never seen an RI in the Wild yet (same with Pavati I'm convinced they don't exist, might as well be the Chupracabbra ) seen 1 Fs44 tho

At least 4 Ri on our lake. Centurion dealer in the lake. Saw 4 guys surfing behind one at the same time. Smaller teenage guys but 4 guys is 4 guys.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Are you kidding?  SURF in 2' letters is so sexy even G23 are doing it...

Screenshot_20161115-171721_zpsjzgzcbsk.p

Mine will look very similar to this 237.  

IMG_6375-762x456_zps6xmm7xy7.jpg

The 257 builder isnt up and running yet....

This PB and black metallic is pretty outrageous!