Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 G23 vs. 2017 24MXZ

Jennifer

11 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

@wheelman sub 110 for nicely equipped so same as leftover deep discount '16 RI237

So 110k, Ronnie has his loaded up 2016 with wet sounds and extras up for sale for 95k. So he's gonna get 93, 94k for it? So he's spending another 16?to 17k for a 2017?  How's that not taking a bath for replacing it with the exact same boat. Like we all have been saying it doesn't matter what you sell for it's what you buy for. When malibus price increases stop people will be taking a bath. 

sorry PCM   is 5 years  or 500 hours

and for its coastal edition  300 hours..

no thanks !!  we do over 300 hours  a year and it doesnt help resale to

say  you got  100 or 200 hours left before you start paying ..

everyone talks about centurion..  looks ok , rides ok.. but quality wise you cant compare it

next to a malibu 23 -25 lsv...  put the boats next to each other and the centurion looks like a mini next to

range rover sports..

4 minutes ago, wheelman said:

So 110k, Ronnie has his loaded up 2016 with wet sounds and extras up for sale for 95k. So he's gonna get 93, 94k for it? So he's spending another 16?to 17k for a 2017?  How's that not taking a bath for replacing it with the exact same boat. Like we all have been saying it doesn't matter what you sell for it's what you buy for. When malibus price increases stop people will be taking a bath. 

Sub 110 is easy, carefully ordered and repeat customers can get sub 100.  someone on here just ordered for 98k

39 minutes ago, wheelman said:

Anyone know what % malibus  price increase was for 2017

i gotta ask with all the talk of ri237 being more expensive than the 23lsv which I still don't understand what is the going fair rate for a 2017 23lsv?

The 23s went up about 4%. 

4 minutes ago, malibu.c.c said:

sorry PCM   is 5 years  or 500 hours

and for its coastal edition  300 hours..

no thanks !!  we do over 300 hours  a year and it doesnt help resale to

say  you got  100 or 200 hours left before you start paying ..

everyone talks about centurion..  looks ok , rides ok.. but quality wise you cant compare it

next to a malibu 23 -25 lsv...  put the boats next to each other and the centurion looks like a mini next to

range rover sports..

I actually thought the other way. My 23lsv was at the sandbar anchored beside a ri237 and it dwarfed my lsv. I remember thinking the g was the biggest ugliest looking barge out there when it came out. Now that's the way these boats are going and I have little man complex in my lsv around all these giants haha. While the g had grown on me I'm still not a fan of the g's so it just shows how subjective all our tastes are. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, wheelman said:

Base MSRP (zero options) on a 2017 23 is $92k-ish plus freight and prep. Load it up and add as much as you want. Not my first Malibu or second, or third, or fourth...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Base MSRP (zero options) on a 2017 23 is $92k-ish plus freight and prep. Load it up and add as much as you want. Not my first Malibu or second, or third, or fourth...

Oh I'm sure you are buying at a great deal. That's why I asked fair regular person pricing just for the comparison. Used you boat for sale because it looks like a great price for the regular buyer. 

35 minutes ago, IXFE said:

What is it with some people on this forum constantly wanting so badly to catch me in some sort of lie (yeah, I know what disingenuous means).  Boating is a small world.  Boating in Portland is an even smaller world. TMC is also a small world.  That's code for... if I was lying it would have caught up with me by now. And my reputation and integrity matter more to me that telling an internet lie in front of DOZENS of friends, family, neighbors, dealers, and factory types who know me personally, like in real life, face to face... relationships that matter to me a helluva lot more than your cheap shots. Maybe I'll start providing references so you'll stop calling me names.  Yeah, I haven't forgotten.   

But since I know you need more than my word and reputation, here goes... All those boats didn't sell into outer space. I actually know where they went. 

2012: Neighboring state to a close friend of somebody we all know on this forum.  Boat going strong with no major issues  

2013: Local, still serviced at AWS 

2014: Local, still serviced at AWS 

2015: Local, still serviced at AWS 

2016: Local, you guessed it...

It's not unusual to see one of my prior boats at AWS getting oil, winterized, etc.  I'm even friends with one of the owners. 

The good folks down at AWS keep me in the loop. No mysterious gel voids, tranny failures, outrageous or repetitive warranty claims. No boat is perfect, but like 85, I've had a run of excellent Bu's that continue to provide good times to the families who've bought them.  Not doubting others, just sharing my experience  

Finally, the entire premise of your claim doesn make sense to me.  prevailing wisdom with these boats is most issues happen early in ownership; once you have initial gremlins worked out they settle down, right?  The guys who've had major issues had them early... @CJAY and @DocPhil come to mind. Other than Darkside I don't remember reading too many threads about perfect, problem free boats that suddenly get boat cancer at 200 hours and start falling apart. Most complaints seem to be about initial quality issues and quirks. My boats have been back for this or that, but nothing major.  I only had one screen failure; it was in my '14 and AWS had me in and out in 30 mins (quick swap of the viper box). My '16 was actually the best I've owned. Literally took delivery and never went back to AWS once all summer. I never even had to "reboot" it due to blue screen. It was just rock solid for 75 hours. 

I promise, I'm not a bad guy. :whistle:  I even made friends with the mods and started paying for my membership. 

@3sport

94A729C4-D646-47F0-B5F1-0BB1D0FEA47E_zps

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

This thread has made my morning so much more enjoyable. Thanks @IXFE, @DarkSide, and others who have contributed to my morning entertainment. This forum deserves a lively thread every once in a while. :cheers:

This thread has made my evening so much more enjoyable. I love TMC!

• Like 3

Same to you Murphy, justify thier lying because it suits your agenda.  I outta post up the WSA Jon vinyl hackjob photos of the mysterious Dallas vinyl cat burglar.  Truly 100% hack, lying and unethical about it.  Jon did it, Tony allowed it.  

I've never spent a cent with Earmark. My only critique with them was high prices... Not unethical.

mistakes are one thing, those can be worked through, nothing is perfect.  When a business outright endorses unethical lying and BS, im done.

ask yourself--- what drives a customer from defending them on here and driving 4hrs to attend their customer days... to this?  for the 2yrs prior to this...I tipped those guys heavy at Christmas when I picked up the boat in appreciation for their good work. Garbage.

4 hours ago, wheelman said:

I ask what % Malibu raised their prices this year for a believe the big reason we have all done so well on resale of our used malibus is the big price increases Malibu has been enjoying every year. What happens when these price increases stop? How will the resale on malibus be then?Come on they have to stop soon. I do not believe centurion had a price increase in the ri line from 2016 to 2017. At least my price on a factory ordered 17 is the same as a 16 was. Maybe my dealer negotiated better for this year if they did?

Consistent with my experience. I demo'd a '16 217and was told I could have a '17 for the same price. 

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

What is it with some people on this forum constantly wanting so badly to catch me in some sort of lie (yeah, I know what disingenuous means).  Boating is a small world.  Boating in Portland is an even smaller world. TMC is also a small world.  That's code for... if I was lying it would have caught up with me by now. And my reputation and integrity matter more to me that telling an internet lie in front of DOZENS of friends, family, neighbors, dealers, and factory types who know me personally, like in real life, face to face... relationships that matter to me a helluva lot more than your cheap shots. Maybe I'll start providing references so you'll stop calling me names.  Yeah, I haven't forgotten.   

But since I know you need more than my word and reputation, here goes... All those boats didn't sell into outer space. I actually know where they went. 

2012: Neighboring state to a close friend of somebody we all know on this forum.  Boat going strong with no major issues  

2013: Local, still serviced at AWS 

2014: Local, still serviced at AWS 

2015: Local, still serviced at AWS 

2016: Local, you guessed it...

It's not unusual to see one of my prior boats at AWS getting oil, winterized, etc.  I'm even friends with one of the owners. 

The good folks down at AWS keep me in the loop. No mysterious gel voids, tranny failures, outrageous or repetitive warranty claims. No boat is perfect, but like 85, I've had a run of excellent Bu's that continue to provide good times to the families who've bought them.  Not doubting others, just sharing my experience  

Finally, the entire premise of your claim doesn make sense to me.  prevailing wisdom with these boats is most issues happen early in ownership; once you have initial gremlins worked out they settle down, right?  The guys who've had major issues had them early... @CJAY and @DocPhil come to mind. Other than Darkside I don't remember reading too many threads about perfect, problem free boats that suddenly get boat cancer at 200 hours and start falling apart. Most complaints seem to be about initial quality issues and quirks. My boats have been back for this or that, but nothing major.  I only had one screen failure; it was in my '14 and AWS had me in and out in 30 mins (quick swap of the viper box). My '16 was actually the best I've owned. Literally took delivery and never went back to AWS once all summer. I never even had to "reboot" it due to blue screen. It was just rock solid for 75 hours. 

I promise, I'm not a bad guy. :whistle:  I even made friends with the mods and started paying for my membership. 

Ha. Sensitive. I wasn't even implying you were lying (let alone saying it) - and if you think I was by using the word disingenuously, I'm not sure you do know what it means.  I said Disingenuous because you're a lot less likely to have the issues darkside mentioned in his post if you're flipping every year after 50 hours (I guessed at the hours) - something all the regulars on here know you do but Jennifer probably didn't (if she's still reading).  Disingenuous because those are important facts that go to why your experience may be so different than darkside's. But you didn't say anything that wasn't factual as far as I know - and I wasn't implying that you did. 

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

Ha. Maybe.  But who's the one that felt compelled to type a 10 paragraph rejoinder  to a one line post from some dude on the internet he doesn't even know?  It's almost like you guys needling BS. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 3sport said:

Ha. Sensitive. I wasn't even implying you were lying (let alone saying it) - and if you think I was by using the word disingenuously, I'm not sure you do know what it means.  I said Disingenuous because you're a lot less likely to have the issues darkside mentioned in his post if you're flipping every year after 50 hours (I guessed at the hours) - something all the regulars on here know you do but Jennifer probably didn't (if she's still reading).  Disingenuous because those are important facts that go to why your experience may be so different than darkside's. But you didn't say anything that wasn't factual as far as I know - and I wasn't implying that you did. 

Sensitive...?  No. Just a long memory. 

Do you really think I would have made the statement I did if I didn't know all my boats are going strong and have had zero major issues?  Come on man.  Go find somebody else to attack  

715E9A1F-0376-4C1A-9205-E60C2A585110_zps

1 hour ago, 3sport said:

Ha. Maybe.  But who's the one that felt compelled to type a 10 paragraph rejoinder  to a one line post from some dude on the internet he doesn't even know?  It's almost like you guys needling BS. 

It's exactly like that. Here is why, BS is seriously passionate about his college football. I mean, someone asks a one line question on the ducks and he will post a 3k word response. Ixfe is like that when it comes to Malibu's. I'm sure many on here benefit from his knowledge in one way or another. Last I checked this was a forum for Malibu boat discussion? 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

It's exactly like that. Here is why, BS is seriously passionate about his college football. I mean, someone asks a one line question on the ducks and he will post a 3k word response. Ixfe is like that when it comes to Malibu's. I'm sure many on here benefit from his knowledge in one way or another. Last I checked this was a forum for Malibu boat discussion? 

If he had an issue with a boat of his, I am sure we would know about it.  The guy cares about his boats, takes good care of them, and re-orders every year.  This thread is super funny, very entertaining, and the best part is... nobody can win.  Lets get another 2-3 pages of this by 5pm tonight so I can have some light reading to enjoy along with a cold beverage this weekend!

6 hours ago, 3sport said:

ZomboMeme%2002122016085716_zpsq7la99vp.j

Edited by bamaboy
13 hours ago, Fman said:

KIA and Hyundai build good vehicles these days but they don't hold value anything like Toyota, Honda or Nissan.  Even though they could be on par with quality, reliability and longevity.  I don't think Centurion will be any different, unfortunately it takes YEARS to change a brand perception.  I would really be concerned about massive depreciation buying a Centurion today, I am not saying the boat is not well built but the brand has always been a value kinda "meh" product, I would compare it to Supreme.

And am I the only one who finds it odd that Centurion would not be super aggressive on pricing to really pull buyers into there boats over the next few years?  No different than Axis did when Malibu released that brand.  They are missing the mark imo, if they did have aggressive pricing I am pretty confident many would start looking harder at there products.  I personally would never buy a Centurion and pay more or even close to the same price as a Malibu.

At the end of day it's hard to beat a Malibu for resale, how it looks on the water, value, multiple disciplines (wake, surf), driveability, etc... they have a lot going for them.

Fman, Centurion isn't some new brand like Axis, its been around for 40 years.  It was Rick Lee's baby, who has a great reputation and was always an innovator.    Centurion has now cut every model save for the 3 Ris and the carbon pro.  Why is that?  Clearly, Correct Craft wants to make them a more profitable company and at the same time move upmarket.  They think they can pull more buyers focusing on the Ris and charge at the upper end of the spectrum.  From the sampling size here, seems like a reasonable business decision.  

As for yall quoting 2017 prices the same as 2016, I would have to imagine that is now due to freeing up the line for Ris because that's all they are building.  Also a result of early order rebates and discounts, which, in Malibu's case can be 5% or so of price.  So, a 5% price increase is simply being offset by the rebate.  Come Spring, a 2017 will cost more than a 2016.  

10 hours ago, wheelman said:

I actually thought the other way. My 23lsv was at the sandbar anchored beside a ri237 and it dwarfed my lsv. I remember thinking the g was the biggest ugliest looking barge out there when it came out. Now that's the way these boats are going and I have little man complex in my lsv around all these giants haha. While the g had grown on me I'm still not a fan of the g's so it just shows how subjective all our tastes are. 

First time I saw the ri at the sandbar i said wow that's a 23.. no it was a ri217.. it was big and tall.. from a distance u would assume it's a 23.. 

Since IXFE is being called out for 1) having some supersecret incentive to give inaccurate accounts of his boats and 2) his use not being representative of Dark's usage, and since I said I've had good experience with my numerous (12?) boats, I would just like to add that  half of my boats I have bought used.  Not one year old used, out of warranty, hundreds of hours used.  I've never heard of a "gel void", and have had nothing but small issues save for one touchscreen and I did have an ECM pop on a boat that I bought in pieces, so I'm not blaming that on Malibu.  Subsequent buyer resolved that with a new wiring harness, but again, that boat was an anomaly when it shows up in pieces.  Dark's issues, while unfortunate, are anomalies in my experience.  In any event, if the discussion is Malibu quality and reliability and value and performance, I just don't think they can be beat.  I don't think there's another brand that hits that sweet spot any better.  

Have fun Dark.  Obviously low speed maneuverability was not high on your criteria :no:.  I kid, have fun and enjoy it.