Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking to buy a 2001 wakesetter vlx

MAXPOWERS1207

?? Nitrous. I think we are in agreement?  For 2001, the OP's year of interest, the Sunsetter had the SV23 Diamond.  I also agree about the ski wake at different speeds.  I ski at 32 to 34 behind my 2005 21 LSV.  I did quite a bit of research because I really wanted a cross over boat for slalom and surfing.  She small LSV really seemed to fit the bill and I am happy with the performance for ski and surf (after totally ballasting out the boat for surfing).

Nitrous...thanks for the information.  My family wakeboards mostly, with some tubing.  I would like to get into surfing, but had an I/O.  Every once in a while I'll slalom, but rarely and am the only one.  Therefore, I'm looking for a boat that gives a good wakeboard wake and we can surf on.  I was hesitant about the diamond hull as I had read the wake is different, but that may be coming form professional wakeboarders, which I am not.

thanks again everyone for the info and help...I'm really glad I posted a question!

A direct drive is great for slalom and wakeboard, but with a family, and predominantly wakeboard, and maybe future surfing, I'm thinking a V-drive for you.

Keep us posted on your search,

Steve B.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 1:12 PM, CFH said:

Well... I said "might" lol and thanks for the congrats.   Its winter now and not summer... so who knows.  We live in a small subdivision that has a marina where we keep the boat, its only a 3min walk from our house.  Problem is that my wife will be delivering in late june or early july.  Not sure how a boat will fit in this time frame.  I also mountain bike 5-7 days a week and go out of town for races, oh and we have 2 german shepherd puppies right now. 
SO..... If one of you guys has a plan or a outline where the boating fits in with this mess... please do tell!

The Malibu "fits" right in the middle of the mess...obviously.

congrats on the baby!