Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2017 vinyl

jberkal4

Just bought a 2017 21 VLX and not crazy about the new vinyl or whatever it is they are now using.  I try to keep everything spotless, but it seems to stain really easily.  Ive used Babes seat soap and a scrub brush, but not much is working.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sun is usually the best.  I try to keep spotless vinyl too but some spots just need time in the sun.  I've used most of the vinyl cleaners and my current favorite is this from bakes:

https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1622

It has a little more bite than the others but still won't work miricals.   If I have a stubborn spot I work some cleaner into it in between times out making sure it gets sun light when out.  It will fade away in about the time it takes to get a spot on another cushion and the process starts over.   I have learned to do my best to protect the vinyl and try not to stress out about a spot because they will fade away and anything you do to rush the process will damage the vinyl.   if you use harsh chemicals or magic eraser the vinyl will stain easier in the future.

I've used Vinyl Sauce on the new and the old vinyl. Spray a little and remove the spot with a soft bristle brush. Vinyl Sauce is approved by the vinyl manufacturer to clean this vinyl. Their Hot Sauce for water spots is great too. Order it at their website or Amazon. Lots of other places around too.

Vinyl Sauce link.

• Like 2

I find the new vinyl cleans up pretty well actually.  I keep a bottle of vinyl sauce and a microfiber towel next to the driver's seat and hit spots as I see them.    The toughest stains I have issues with are bug guts and spider poo (presumably) that I find after uncovering it at the dock.  

Do you have a pic of the spots?  That would help.

Also, don't forget to use 303 protectant on it.  This will help prevent future stains.  303 is the OCD boat owners protectant of choice.  I use that ish on EVERYTHING!

I vinyl sauce after every outing and condition sauce twice a summer it it looks great.... do the same with the hot and quickie sauce on the gel coat .

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, ctvandy23 said:

On the tough stains I use a toothbrush and thus far everything has come out!

I should toss one into my cleaning kit.  Not sure why I hadn't thought to yet.