Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Foggy Gauges

I purchased a Mailbu Skier Euro F3 last fall. I have a question on my instruments. All the engine instruments are foggy. The only clear gauges are the Airguide Speedometers.

Is there a way to clean these gauges? If not, what should I be aware of when replacing the gauges? What vendor is recommended? I like the Faria Euro series.

Thanks

I had this problem with my 2001 Rlx. Took it back to the dealer and the drilled some small holes somewere to let the air out. No more fogging.

I had the same problem with my Bayliner. When the guages are put in, I'm pretty sure that they are air tight. After a while, you'll get a small crack in the back or something like that. Moisture will get in, but it doesn't air out. They will still work, but I think drillling small holes in the bottom or the back of the instrument could work. Just make sure you don't hit anything when drilling!

They will still work, but I think drillling small holes in the bottom or the back of the instrument could work. Just make sure you don't hit anything when drilling!

Yup.

Drill em baby, at the back of the guage, a small hole, maybe an 1/8th or so at an angle to let the moisture flow out.

OH, so you suggest drilling a hole in the very back of the gauge. Not the bottom of the glass? (just making sure what I am being told - you know where assumptions can get you)

Thanks!!