Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Fman LSV build - Larson Marine

Fman

14 hours ago, Fman said:

Boat is a couple months out but the shop is starting to come together...its nice to have some space for boards.

20170112_142553_zpskdc5dvlt.jpg

Very nice fman ?  One suggestion- put your boards in ties down - that way any residual water doesn't sit in the heel area (at least that's how I do it ?)

Edited by PeteOOXXOO
Toes down!!
10 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Let me know if you want to test that shop out. You know, a ballast install inside the shop to make sure it works out for your new boat before it arrives. My boat is only 21 1/2' so we can just put a cooler on the front of the trailer to simulate the extra length. 

Sure thing, let me get things dialed in first.  We also have a rental on our property I have been getting ready to go, so it has been non stop action.   Plus moving has been a complete purge of donations and dump runs, can't believe how much junk we acquired over the past 20 years.  I have to go back to work to get some rest :) You are probably only about 15 mins from us.   We should try and shoot for a spring install...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Fman said:

Sure thing, let me get things dialed in first.  We also have a rental on our property I have been getting ready to go, so it has been non stop action.   Plus moving has been a complete purge of donations and dump runs, can't believe how much junk we acquired over the past 20 years.  I have to go back to work to get some rest :) You are probably only about 15 mins from us.   We should try and shoot for a spring install...

I would love to watch! I love the smell of cut fiberglass! ;)

57 minutes ago, Fman said:

Let me know if you need help. I have a 20' dump trailer and I have gotten good with manual labor around the house. Not sure I can wait til spring.  My stufff is in boxes on my dining room table, staring at me every time I walk by. 

14 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Let me know if you need help. I have a 20' dump trailer and I have gotten good with manual labor around the house. Not sure I can wait til spring.  My stufff is in boxes on my dining room table, staring at me every time I walk by. 

If you need a place to work on the boat feel free to bring it over. I have enough space cleared to park it inside.  A lot of my tools right now are in boxes, definitely would be BYOT.  You could leave it for a few days if needed until you finish the install.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Fman said:

Boat is coming early next week, in the meantime I was able to get my Exile amps mounted this evening, and check out the new clamping system on the Exile Surf 9's....legit!  Well done Brian :) I am REALLY looking forward to some different sound on the boat this year from the previous HLCD's....  I will be running about 300 watts each to 4 Surf 9's @ 4 ohms.... one XM30.2 per pair of towers, should be plenty of juice to wake them up!  The Javelin will be handling the 12" sub and all cabin speakers.

20170315_230923_zps7xh9xx4x.jpg

20170315_212256_zpstbaqvdyl.jpg

Second the great clamping system!  Switched to 4 Surf 9's this year from a pair of REV 8's.  Painted the grills matte black and had Exile add the RGB leds.  Can't wait to get them mounted!  Brian and Donovan were great to deal with!!

7 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Second the great clamping system!  Switched to 4 Surf 9's this year from a pair of REV 8's.  Painted the grills matte black and had Exile add the RGB leds.  Can't wait to get them mounted!  Brian and Donovan were great to deal with!!

Do you have a picture of the grilles matte black?  I am not sure what color I am going to do this time, would like to see what your looks like.  Sounds like we are running the same setup, how are you powering your Surf 9's?  And ditto Exile customer service, always has been nothing but exceptional.

59 minutes ago, Fman said:

Do you have a picture of the grilles matte black?  I am not sure what color I am going to do this time, would like to see what your looks like.  Sounds like we are running the same setup, how are you powering your Surf 9's?  And ditto Exile customer service, always has been nothing but exceptional.

IMG_1110.JPG

• Like 3

I used the same matte black that @IXFEused.  I was going to go with a grey to compliment my charcoal vinyl accents but didn't want to go with a gloss.  Really like the contrast of the matte.  I only went with one 30.2 for the four.  

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

it looks like a bicycle seatpost quick release on there?

ST8400_e5d9b00d-1d90-471b-ad1c-afd4f34d6

I dunno? but does resemble it, the release mech seems very heavy duty, appears to definitely be an upgrade from the previous design.  On the G4 it is going to be super easy to re-adjust the speakers with this new swivel mech.  If you look at the pic there is also a knob with a bolt that works with the quick release mech, guessing it is a secondary backup failsafe.

Maybe someone can answer this question on the G4, does it come pre-wired for speakers?  I was told it should, I know the G3.5 with a stereo delete does not have pre wired speakers, only if you order a tower speaker package from Malibu.  I am guessing PTM pre-wires the G4 regardless.

1 hour ago, ctvandy23 said:

I used the same matte black that @IXFEused.  I was going to go with a grey to compliment my charcoal vinyl accents but didn't want to go with a gloss.  Really like the contrast of the matte.  I only went with one 30.2 for the four.  

I ended up going with 2 30.2s --- that is the kicker for me, I am hopeful these will also project well enough for wakeboarding distance, IXFE ran the surf 9's last year powered with 2 30.2's and said they had plenty of range for wakeboarding.  Time will tell, I know for surfing they will be great but I definitely want a lot of juice to them for max range.  I know the peanut gallery will let me know right away if they are not loud enough for wakeboarding, I also ordered my lsv with the surf pipe to help with engine noise.

• Like 2